Chapter 2

They locked me in the house. After breakfast the asked me to stay in the house to protect it from intruders. They've never done this before bu I agreed anyway. When they left they locked the door and here I am. I'm actually dispirited about this. I thought I would have a chance to say goodbye to some of my friends. But instead there just going to have me disappear.

I think of the town I loved so much. Everyone treated me with kindness. But as I think about it, everyone treated me as something of an oddity. I think back about all the things that happened to me while I was in town. And I realize that I was never truly accepted into the town. One day I was lost in the woods. I cried out constantly hoping that someone would find me. In the end I bumped into a boy from a neighboring village. We waited together for the townsfolk to rescue us. They were overjoyed to find him but no one really cared about what happened to me.

I head up to the attic for the first time. If their going to send me there then I might as well go there myself. I open the door and step into the room. It's damp and dark in the attic. Dusty old books clutter the floor while boxes lean against the wall. I light a lantern and go deeper into the small room. I don't see anything that  perks my interest at all it's just a dusty old room.

I call my mission a failure, until I notice something. a small glimmer in the corner of the attic I see a mirror. It looks like brand new and polished. I feel the groves of the black wood frame. Why would they have something like this. I look into the mirror and stare at my reflection. Nothing seems different abut me, I look absolutely normal. I blink and at once I'm taken back.

My reflection has changed. My dress stays the same but my hair is a crimson red and my eyes are green like grass at spring. I stare at the mirror and blink again. No change occurs. I put my curly hair into a pony, the reflection follows my movements. I shrink away from the mirror, I should tell Andrew's family. I should tell someone. But at the same moment my curiosity takes it hold, I can't resist it. I reach up and ouch the cold glass.

Suddenly the glass of the mirror is warm. It glows violently and the whole attic seems to be illuminated be the light. Suddenly my hand is sucked into the mirror. I try to pull it out, but the more I struggle the deeper I go. I scream for help even though I know no one will come. It's just like the time It was at the forest. I continue to struggle until all I see is bright light.