3

I turned the living room lights on to see a figure stood with their back to me. From what I could see, this person was also in a trench coat and one of those hideous bowling hats, what is up with them? This person was taller and lankier than Alfie. With a dramatic spin, the face was revealed to me.

'Jim Chapman?' I said surprised but it came out as a question, even though it was definitely Jim stood in front of me. He was clutched onto a small black leather reporters notepad and his left hand held a red pen.

'Zoe, I need to know what you know and I need to know right now.'

'About what? How did you even get in here?' I asked nervously whilst looking around my living room to find out what else had changed. Pictures of myself and Alfie were still hung up, the exact same pictures except we were dressed differently, we were dressed the way we are currently dressed.

Everything just looked less modern than it normally did, as if all the colour had been drained out of it. The blue's weren't so bright anymore, everything just seemed as unhappy as I was.

'Tanya and Alfie.' He ignored my question about how did he get in here, people seem to be doing that a lot today - ignoring parts of my questions. Always the most important parts.

'Why do you think I can help?'

'I was told you know what I need to know, maybe not completely but you know all the pieces.'

'Well what do you need to know?' I asked whilst squeezing my eyebrows together, trying to work out what an earth was happening.

Jim Chapman, he's a YouTube, not a detective. He's never been a detective nor has he shown interest in detecting anything. I know he probably feels the way I do about the recent love affair, but I probably don't know anymore than he does.

'Whatever you know.'

'I don't know anything.' I told him.

'Wrong, if you didn't know anything then you wouldn't be standing here talking to me. You wouldn't of come home as you wouldn't know where you live nor would you know how to get here-'

'Alright Jim, I get it.' I interrupted him.

'Would you like a cup of tea?' I asked as he took a seat on my empty sofa.

'I don't have time for tea, I have an investigation to solve and I plan to solve it now.'

'What sort of investigation is it?'

'I haven't quite decided yet.'

'All I know is that I came home on this day last week and Alfie wasn't home. I assumed he'd just be in a meeting, he'd had a lot of late meetings just before I'd found out.'

'So you're telling me you didn't suspect this cheating?'

'No, I didn't have any reason to not believe him. I've my fair share of meetings that run over.'

'Then I was just finishing my dinner and there was a knock at the door.' I began to tell Jim. The pain I had felt before when even thinking about Alfie had suddenly vanished, I could freely speak of him.

'Who was at the door Zoe?'

'Marcus Butler.'

'And what did he want?'

'Alfie sent him around as a messenger. He told me what was happening between the two of them and that Alfie wouldn't be coming home that evening.'

'And how did that make you feel?'

'Obviously it really hurt me!' I noticed he was making notes on his small notepad as I spoke.

'How would you describe your relationship with Alfie before this came about?'