6

Jim didn't stay along, he just asked a few more questions and made me a bit more confused. I sat on the sofa with my head in my hands, just trying to stop my mind spinning. I was so tired of thinking, I just wanted to sleep. I wish my life would just go back to normal, this 1940's investigation bullshit was giving me such a headache.

As I sat there just trying to work out what was happening for what seemed like the 1500th time today, I heard someone knocking at me door. I was surprised who it was had even bothered to work this time.

I answered it to be faced with no other than another familiar face.

'Caspar?'

'Miss Sugg?' He asked. I looked down and noticed he was dressed in uniform.. Police uniform.

'Since when have you been a police officer?'

'It's not about how long. May I come in?'

'Sure.' I said and stepped out the doorway so he could enter.

'Tanya Burr. Does that name ring a bell?'

'It rings a whole bloody bell factory.'

'What was your relationship with Tanya like?'

'Oh not this again, please no more questions.' I begged, I could not handle it anymore.

'I have no choice Zoe, I must ask questions as I require answers.'

'I don't have any bloody answers.' I groaned.

'We've just had a message, she has been found dead.'

'I already knew she was dead.'

'How?' He raised an eyebrow at me and tilted his head slightly to look at me.

'A detective was here, Jim Chapman.'

'We haven't sent any detectives though?'

'Yes you have.'

'Tell me what you know.'

'Tanya was hit with a darts trophy, hit over the head. She was hit hard but only hit once and it happened whilst she was cooking dinner.' I spoke every detail Jim had told me, giving the officer a full recap of the version of events I was aware of.

'How did you say you know all this?'

'Your detective, Jim.'

'We only have 3 detectives for this area, none of them go by the name Jim. Also, nobody has been around to Tanya's flat to examine the crime scene, these details of her death. You could only know them if you were the killer.'

'But-.'

'Zoe Sugg, I think you need to come with me. I am arresting you on suspicion of murdering Tanya Burr.' I blanked out after I heard her name, all I knew was I was being pulled out of my own house.

I didn't realise what was going on until I was sat in the police station with 4 men staring at me, waiting for me to talk. Jim Chapman, one of the only people I had left to trust, had killed his girlfriend and then silently framed me, yet I hadn't even noticed.

I heard a phone ringing beside me and I jumped up automatically. I looked around, I was in my living room, lying on my sofa once again but I was no longer in that hideous red dress, I was back in my scruffy, dirty tracksuit that I had put on a week ago precisely.

I looked around the room and noticed everything was back to normal. My laptop was on the coffee table instead of that dinosaur of a typewritten and my TV was playing the ending credits of Casablanca. I could still hear the ringing of my phone. I looked over to see Louise's name flashing up on the caller ID.

'Hello.' I answered.

'Hi Zoe! How you feeling?' Good question, how was I feeling?

'A bit better I suppose, you woke me up.' I laughed.

'Oh god, I'm so sorry!'

'No, it's fine, I was having a really strange dream.'

'About what?' How do I even began to explain this?

'It's complicated, just take it this way, I am never again falling asleep whilst watching a black and white film.' I laughed, but quickly stopped laughing when I noticed a figure stood in my living room.

'Louise I'll call you back.' I said before hanging up. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, taking a good look at the figure.

'Zoe.' He said and stepped towards me. Alfie was stood in my living room, wearing a damn trench coat and bowlers hat.