Chapter 33

"Here I go."

"Good Luck."

Mary readied her bow and pulled the string back to its limit. I quickly made a series of small walls of mana in front of us.

Swoosh*

An arrow of water flew downwards and hit the wall. A few moments later, another arrow flew behind it and in just a few seconds later, 20 arrows had been fired by Mary. Because she was firing rapidly, without considering the accuracy, I needed to concentrate on transferring the thermal energy to Emilia.

Also, ever since Carlos-sama and the twin's serpent familiars were summoned, the mana had become really hard to gather. It already takes a lot of concentration just to make a wall of mana. Because of that, the weapons we were holding right now were the only things we could use with ease.

Squinting my eyes, I found the twins flew in front of Carlos-sama and made a wall of water around them while the serpents flew towards us. Mary quickly increased her rain of arrows to suppress them. I also desperately tried my best to keep up with her speed.

Cold sweat dropped down from my forehead as we watched the two serpents avoiding the arrows. It had only been two minutes in reality, however, for Mary and I, those two minutes felt like an eternity. I quickly changed tactics. I quickly made the mana walls behave a bit differently to cope up with them. The mana walls would now make the arrows of her arrows split into smaller pieces, making their attack a bit weaker. However, it was just enough to suppress the serpents from going to us.

"Lumina-sama, please get away!"

Emilia, who had been receiving thermal energy from me and the surroundings, shouted at us. Mary and I quickly separated, making us stop our barrage. An instant later, a fireball that was around had a circumference of 20 meters flew between us. I then made five layers of mana walls in front of the fireball and the moment it passed through those walls, the fireball changed color and turned pale blue and it's speed also instantly skyrocket. It left streams of orange flares in it's wake..

Those walls were used to coat the fireball with high-density oxygen, which greatly increases its heat.

Looking at the fireball, a great sense of satisfaction washed over me as it head to the two tigers.

"""What!?"""

The three of us exclaimed as we saw the two serpents flew in front of the fireball and breathed out a stream of water when it was around 50 meters away from it. As the fireball clashed against the stream of water, thick clouds of steam could be seen travelling upwards as the water evaporated from the heat. This clash continued for a few seconds until the water had extinguished the fireball.

"..."

I was speechless by what had occurred.

"... I forgot... if the tigers could use magic, the serpents should've also been able to use it too."

I bit my lips as I stared at the familiars.

"Those things really are overpowered..."

"Lumina-sama..."

Emilia called out my name with a worried voice. When I looked back behind me, I noticed that the clouds behind us had become dark and streaks of lightning could be seen if I looked very closely.

"Run away!"

Thanks to my warning, Emilia managed to avoid the lightning by a hair's breath. However, Mary wasn't so lucky. She was hit by a bolt of lightning and started falling to the sky. Thankfully, Vertical Rolls quickly flew towards her and caught her.