Chapter 6

I opened my eyes to see no one lying in front of me. I did feel an arm wrapped around my waist from behind though. I tried to get out of bed, but found that I was somehow stuck. I looked under the sheets to see Roy’s legs tangled with my own. He was supposed to stay above the covers, but he always was a wild sleeper. Why does he have to be so close? I tried to get up without waking him ,but there was no such luck. He stretched and his arm went from my waist to my shoulder.

“What time is it?” he moaned and yawned.

“Time for us to wake up and fix breakfast for your mom.” I turned around and smirked as he rolled his eyes.

 “It’s too early just stay here and we can go back to sleep.” He pulled me into his chest and closed his eyes. I tried to pull away but he refused to let go. I moved my feet to his legs and skimmed my toes up and down his legs. He started to laugh harder and harder then he finally let go of me.

“You were always so ticklish.” I got out of the bed and made my way downstairs to see that Mrs. C was already eating.

“Good morning sweetheart how was your sleep?” she asked while finishing off her oatmeal. I shrugged not mentioning Roy.

“It was ok I guess.” I sat next to her and she looked at me anxiously.

“I must ask you this before Roy comes. Do you want to go with us on vacation to Greenland?” she smiled at me with so much hope.

“Of course as long as my mom is okay with it. I’ll go call and ask.” I shrieked and left the table going back to Roy’s room for my phone.

I went to his door and heard someone dialing because of the beeping. Roy was on the phone with one of his guy friends. I heard them talking so I just stood by the door listening. I know that was sneaky of me, but it's a good thing I don't really care. 

“Hey dude, guess who just got out of my bed?” Roy told his friend cockily and then he said, “Tia man. Karen’s at college and you know I don’t date her anymore.” Whoa hold up when did they break up?

Then he continued by saying, “You know she was way too clingy. That girl needed a life.” He laughed. Are guys always gossiping like this? And they say we can't keep our mouths shut.

“Anyway Tia might be going with me to Greenland for Christmas.” He said nonchalantly.

“Thanks man. I’ll be sure to try that on her and since she’s here I guess I got to turn on the charm that makes me so irresistible. But you know how stubborn Angel can be wish me luck dude.”

He laughed bitterly and said, “Alright see you later.” Finishing the conversation between him and his friend.

I was standing there nailed to my spot that I didn’t even hear the door open. Roy looked down at me and looked a bit startled.

“Hey Angel when did you come up?” he asked with his hand behind his head looking at the floor. I snapped out of my daze and thought to myself that I have to keep it cool.

 “Oh I just came up here your mom wanted me to call my mom for something so I needed my phone.” I looked past him telling him silently to not make this more awkward than it needs to be.

He smiled and said, “Oh well then be my guest.” He gestured his hand to his room. I walked past him and started the search for my phone. I was looking on his desk when I saw it at the very top of one of his shelves. Who in their right mind would put my phone up there if I’m this short?

 I grabbed the chair from his desk and sat it in front of the dresser. Roy was leaning against the wall smiling coyly. I glared at him and stood on the chair reaching for the phone. This was all his fault! This is useless! Crappy genes!  I heard a laugh behind me and I sighed. I expected it to be Roy but not for him to be standing directly behind me. Crap, I did not want him near me until I knew what he was talking about on the phone.

“Need some help?” he asked reaching for my waist but I jumped down before he could grab me.

“Yeah can you get that for me?” I smiled sweetly at him but he didn’t smile back. Instead he frowned at me.

“What’s wrong with you?” he looked at me wondering what he did.

“Nothing I think the chair was wobbly. Is that a problem?” I asked him hands on hips.

He shook his head quickly and said, “No I just wanted to know if we were okay.” He looked back at the shelf and cursed under his breath. He reached and got my phone then gave it to me.

“Thanks Roy.” I reached up on my tippy toes and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. He smiled guessing that he was forgiven.

“Anytime Angel.” I left the room and went back to the kitchen. I sat in the chair smiling. I guess that if he does like me I do like him back. I looked at my phone and opened it. My old wallpaper was Curious George now it was a pic of Roy shirtless making a puppy dog face. I smiled and leaned back in the chair. God he is sexy! I'm going to have some definite fun with him.