4

Clint pov

  When we got inside the elevator, I noticed that Percy is shivering and clutching the handles of the elevator. He is reminiscing his time in Tartarus. His knuckle began to pale and his posture became slump and weak.

His condition worsen, when Coulson died. Natasha, Fury, and I know that Percy is blaming himself about the death of the agents and Coulson. We all tried our best to lessen his guilt and pain but nothing seemed to work. He kept on focusing in his missions and tried to be distant as much as he could. I really hope that Fury's plan would work this time.

I suddenly heard Percy breathing heavily and looked at him worriedly as he suddenly falls to his knees. I grab him before anything could happen then suddenly the elevator open. Percy bee-lined outside the elevator to blocked his flashbacks and blackouts. He continued to ran until he bumped someone.

I ran to them and saw that Percy pointed his gun at Wanda's head. What a great way for first impression, bro.

"Who are you? And what are you?" Percy asked a bit hastily at Wanda.

I presume that Percy didn't pay attention to Fury and Natasha's explanation about the avengers and why Natasha and I are in the team and I think he also ignores Fury's files about the avengers, when Fury gave him the files.

"Woah! There Percy, you don't have to be hostile to her." I placed my left arm around his shoulder and point out Wanda with my right thumb. "She's Wanda, the scarlet witch. Also, part of the avengers."

He stares at Wanda for a bit then looked at me. I nodded my head for reassuring him that she is not the enemy. He lowered his gun the placed it back in the holster.

"I'm sorry. I thought you're someone that works for the enemy." Percy apologized.

Wanda flinched a bit, when Percy said that she works for the enemy but she quickly tried to hide it with a smile.

"It's okay. You don't have to apologize. It's your defense mechanism to kill your enemy. Fury
told the team a bit about you and one of them is your defense mechanism." she smiled widely at him then faced me. "Is he the one joining the avengers?"

Percy's eyes widen then looked at me. I gave him a smile then looked back at Wanda.

"Yes. He is" I told her, at the same time Percy told her 'no'.

Wanda raised her right eyebrow then ignored Percy's declination.

"Let's go, the others are waiting for your arrival." she grabbed his wrist and dragged him to the others.

I smiled at them as Percy tried to explain to her that he isn't joining the team but Wanda ignores his complaints.

I followed them to the living room where we always spend and waste our time.

Watching Percy continues to deny about him joining as Wanda ignores him and occasionally told him to shut up, made me laugh silently. It reminds me of someone who used to be happy.

When we got to the living room, the whole team stare at Percy. The stares made him uncomfortable, he scratched his nape as he stare at his shoes as if it was the best thing to look at.

I signaled Natasha to greet him to stop the stares. Eventually, she understood and walked up to him.

"Hey there, sea slug." Natasha smiled at him which cause the whole team to flabbergast. "It's been months since we last met. How are you?"

"Fine, I guess." Percy said still looking down. This cause to Natasha to get a bit irritated.

She sighed then grabbed his shoulders and hugged him. Percy flinched at her action but hugged her back. He quickly released his hug then Natasha grabbed his arm and dragged him to the team;Wanda followed to where they head.

The whole team asked questions about Percy's life as Natasha came beside me. Suddenly, Tony shouted that tonight is pizza night.

Then, I realize that Thor is not here. Maybe he would check on-

"Let's play truth or dare as we wait for the pizza!" Tony announced.

Natasha, Percy and I declined as the rest of the team nodded yes. Tony persisted while Natasha kept on saying 'no'. It took Percy an hour or more to pull back Natasha from killing Tony. It started in cussing and threats, which Steve disapprove, then the violent reactions. The others watched them fighting as if they were in the movie.

After a few more minutes, Steve interrupted Natasha's threats and decided to just play the game. Tony grabbed a bottle and told us to huddle around the bottle. As I sat down between Percy and Steve, Tony declared that he would be the first one to ask.

I got a bad feeling about this. Knowing Tony, he did a background check on Percy but SHIELD deleted or made Percy's background hard copy. Even if he tried to restore the deleted files, he won't be able to read or see it.

Tony looked around as if he was thinking who would he ask first then looked at my direction and smirk. Oh no. This is bad.

"Percy, truth or dare?" Tony asked smirking