Christmas special part 2

Percy POV

With filled stomachs and satisfied sighs, Tony decided that now is the best time to do the exchanging of gifts.

We all decided to do the activity in the living room beside the Christmas tree. Forming a circle, we sat down on the carpet floor with our given drinks by our sides.

"Me first!" Tony exclaimed after giving me my fifth cup of his hot chocolate drink.

He ran to the Christmas tree and pulled out 7 colorful gifts from the bottom of the tree. With a smile on his face, he sat back down on his seat. He first picked up a green wrapped gift and shifted his gaze from the gift to his right.

"I'll be giving this gift to my most appreciated science bro." Tony dramatically said as he gave the green wrapped gift to Bruce who is sitting beside him. "Merry Christmas, Bruce."

"Are you insulting me?" Bruce accepted the gift and placed in front of him then opened it with delicacy. "Anyways, Thank you for the gift."

Bruce slowly pulled out a black leather bound journal notebook from the paper wraps. With a wide smile and gratitude on his face, Bruce examined the journal.

"Thank you so much." Bruce thanked Tony with a wide smile and eyes shone appreciation and gratitude. "This is very convenient."

"I know that you will like my gift." Tony flashed a million dollar smile at Bruce then picked up a small blue and red wrapped gift from the carpet floor. "Next is Capcicle."

He stood up and gave Steve the gift, who is between Bruce and Natasha.
"Does it have to be red and blue like my suit?" Steve raised an eyebrow at Tony before accepting the gift. "Thank you, Tony."

Steve gingerly opened his gift then pulled out a ball chain necklace with multiple dog tags in it. He inspected each dog tags and noticed that each dog tag has a name of an avenger; a name of a member in his makeshift family. With a smile of gratitude, he wore the necklace on top of his own army dog tag and looked at it with pride.

I sipped some of my hot chocolate then, suddenly, felt the fatigue and light headedness doubled. I placed my head on my palm as my elbow touched my knee, to cover up my sudden grogginess. Then, I relaxed myself, to subdue my weak state, and continue watching Tony handing his gifts.

"Next is Tasha." Tony handed her a maroon colored box with a red ribbon tied around it.

"Thank you, Stark." Natasha placed the box on her lap and untied the ribbon then pulled the cover of the box to the side. With surprise written on her face, she slowly pulled out a semi-automatic 20mm handgun from the box. A small smile plastered on her face as she examine the gun. She notice her name lasered on the grip of the gun. Then, she pressed the magazine release and pulled out the magazine inside of it. Examining the bullets, she noticed her initials lasered on the bullets. As she examine the bullets, I saw Tony smirked at our direction. But after a second or two he flashed a smile at Clint who is beside me.

"Next up my prankster buddy and also known as Katniss." Tony handed Clint a small purple box.

"Very funny, Tony." Clint mocked a laugh. He pulled the cover of the box and pulled out an archer gloves. Gratitude replaced the irritation on his face as he put on the gloves and tested its stretchability by flexing and moving his hands. "This is perfect! Just like what I'm using. How did you know I need a new pair of gloves?"

"I watched you and Percy training and saw your gloves looked damaged and worn out. So, I brought a new one for you." Tony shrugged with a smile on his face as he explain his gift to Clint. He picked a reddish box with a ribbon taped on the cover and gave it to Wanda who is at my other side and skipped me. "Next up is Wanda."

"Thank you." Wanda pulled the cover. With wide tearing eyes and extreme happiness on her face, she attacked Tony with a bear hug. "This is wonderful! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

She sat back down, after Tony calmed her down and told her to show us what she had receive from him. She pulled out two small pictures and a silver locket from the box. One of the photos is a picture of her and his brother, Pietro, whilst the other photo is the whole team. She placed the two photo in the locket then wore the silver necklace and smiled broadly.

"Due the absence of Thor, I will now  give the gift for our newest member of the Avengers' family." With a dramatic monologue, Tony handed me a small blue box with a silver gray ribbon on top of the box.

I looked at it warily before accepting the box. After taking a deep breath, I opened the box. My body stiffened by merely looking the content of the box.
I saw a clay bead inside; just like what the camp gave us at the end of August. With trembling fingers, I picked up the clay bead and inspected it. I saw our names crafted on the back of the bead while the front part has the Avengers logo and tower on it. I removed my camp necklace and insert the bead with the other camp beads then wore it back on my neck.

I looked at Tony with gratitude. "Thank you, Tony. I want to know, how did you know what to give us for Christmas?"

"Just a hunch." Tony shrugged then offered me a hot chocolate drink. I was about to decline but I noticed my cup run empty. With a sluggish shrug, I accept the hot chocolate drink.

I immediately drank all of it, which worsen my condition. My head felt heavy and my eyes began to see black spots. But, I shook my head a little bit and ignore the dizziness and droopiness.

We went on with the gifts but I can't pay much attention to it, for my head began to worsen in every passing minute. Feeling the grogginess caught up to me, I fell to my knees and place my two hands on my head as I stare at the floor with a disoriented vision.

I heard a pair of footsteps came beside me and gave me support. I slowly looked up and saw worried faces of Wanda, Natasha, and Clint.

"Are you ok, Percy?" I heard Wanda's concerned voice as if she was meters away from where I am. "You looked a bit flushed."

My vision began to blur as the edges of my vision became black and expanding to the center. I felt my head droop to the right, which cause Clint to give me support on my right side before I face flat on the floor.

"I don't feel good." I said with my last strength. "I think I'm going to-"

I couldn't continue my warning, for I am consumed by the darkness around me that has been inviting for a while now.

~~~~~

SMR here!

Sorry for the late update. It was supposed to be yesterday or earlier from now but a lot of things happened.

Anyways, the part two of the Christmas Special is now published!

The part three may be tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Please point out my mistakes, cause its already past midnight here and I still haven't got my proper sleep for the past three or two days. My brain is already playing tricks at me. 😁

Merry Christmas, everyone! 🎄🎄

Hope you all enjoy this chapter!

Vote

Comment

Share

SMR out