Chapter 2

As we got inside the car we vowed to each other that we would never and I mean never go into that house or even step foot on it ever again. The car ride was silent for the first few minutes well it was expected because we might have just encountered a real ghost as we got there.

I was getting bored of the quietness inside the car and decided to talk to them, I asked them how they felt and if they saw something weird before the laughter thing that scared the living hell out of us.

All of them said that they were really frightened as they heard the laughter of the child inside the house. I agreed to them though because I myself peed my pants a little when I heard the voice. A few minutes later the car was silent again, no one was talking to each other and we were sitting awkwardly.

Since it was silent inside the car I decided to look outside of the window and see the things that are happening outside. Children were still trick or treating from door to door and teenagers were having a good time, drinking and doing things that young people do.

I looked back inside and couldn't help but ask Dexter about the sword handle thing. It just really bugs me though that he had the courage to take an artifact from the haunted house we went into. I mean who does that? Stealing things from an old house, that thing is probably possessed. I thought to myself but I just let him be and left him alone. I didn't want to rain on his parade and I also thought to myself that i'd let the ghost teach him a lesson for stealing something.

Frank dropped us off one by one he started with Amy, next Amber then Jake, Dexter and lastly me. As I was about to go inside the safety of my home Frank called my attention and told me to be safe. I thanked him for that and I said the same thing to him too after that we finally parted our ways as I went inside the house and got ready for bed.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was already 1:39 AM, I quickly changed into my pajamas and sat on my bed and finally lulled myself to sleep.

DEXTER'S POV

I looked up to the ceiling and wondered about what this thing means, this sword handle thing that I found in the haunted house. I know this has something to do with the house because I have a feeling this is something more than just an ordinary sword handle. I didn't tell them that I had this kind of feeling in the pit of my stomach because they would obviously think that I was crazy.

I started examining the handle I had found inside the house. It looked very ordinary, too ordinary, I felt like there is something in this item that it might hide. I just didn't know where it is, should I push a button or something? or try shaking it? or say something to it to activate something. I know I sound somewhat crazy right now because I was thinking about these things but I just couldn't let the feeling go, it feels like there really is something mysterious about that house or better yet, secrets it might hide.

I started with option 1, to try and speak to it if it were to do something, I tried everything, but nothing would work not even those spells that I looked up on the internet. I tried option 2, to try and find a button or something I could push to activate it. I looked for it but didn't see anything, not one pressable part attached to this sword handle.

I was on the verge of giving up and going to bed but another idea came up to me I tried the 3rd and final option. I would try to shake it if something were to come out of the thing, before I shook it I told myself that if this wasn't going to work or my mind was just playing tricks on me, to try and get the sword handle then I would go straight to bed and forget about the whole feeling in my stomach.

I shook the sword handle and expected for something to come out, surprisingly something did! and it was a piece of paper, it landed on the floor facing upside down, I then picked up the piece of paper that flew out the sword handle and tried to see what was written on the paper.

When I uncovered the paper it revealed to be some sort of text and it read:

"The first thing you need is in a place where people like to read."

I was kinda confused when I first read it though, but then I realized it to be a riddle! I then repeated the words that were written on the paper in my head. "The first thing you need to seek is in a place where people like to read." I repeated in my thoughts. "The library!" I shouted out.

"But which library?" I asked myself.

"Maybe the one in the haunted house?" I continued.

I quickly grabbed my phone to tell my friends of what I just saw, I was looking for it everywhere, but I couldn't find it, I tried searching for it on the table but I couldn't see it, I walked over to the lamp and saw my phone placed conveniently on top of the lamp table. When I got to it though the lights began to flicker and it turned off entirely.

I was now surrounded in total darkness, I was already scared. I tried making a run for it but for some reason somehow my feet wouldn't cooperate with my body.

"Who's there?!" I called out. "What do you want from me?"

"Hihihihi" It was a child's laughter, similar to the laughter we had heard earlier.

"Come play with me, I'm very lonely."

"Who are you?! what do you want from me?!"

"I see you've found a puzzle piece."

"What puzzle piece?" I asked.

"The sword handle, the one that I hid years ago."

"Since you found it and stole it from my home, then you will have to pay the price."

"Stay back! i'm not afraid of you!" I told her.

Suddenly the lights went back on, I look in front of me and I see a doll wearing a dress with red polka dots and holding a bloody cleaver. The lights went back off and it went back on again, this time the doll was getting closer to me. I tried opening the door but it was locked, leaving me trapped inside my room, I then backed up to the door, trying to avoid the doll.

The lights flicker faster and as it flickered the doll came closer to me, each flicker of the light resulted with the doll coming closer and closer to me. As it got awfully close the lights then turn off and I was surrounded in pure darkness again.

I waited for a few minutes in pure darkness, I didn't move a single muscle and tried staying still, the lights then go on and in my face was a disturbing smile of a bloody girl holding a bloody cleaver, I screamed loud as I saw the girl right in front of my face.

"It's time for you to go." She said as she sported an evil grin on her face.

I screamed louder but no one seemed to hear me, in my last ditch effort in saving myself I tried going out of the window, but I realized that it was also locked. I then feel pain in my back, when I turned around I saw the girl staring at the cleaver that was buried under my skin. I then fall down on the floor as I saw it.

My eyes were starting to go black, as I look up I could see my life slowly fade. The bloodied girl then walked up towards me to finish me off, I close my eyes as I anticipated pain and a few seconds later. I felt a sharp pain in my head.

After that, everything went black.