Chapter 12

After searching through the house for the 3rd puzzle piece where we successfully found it we ran towards my home. I told them that we would be researching about the house's past. They all agreed to do so and told me that we should also find something that could be relevant to the final riddle.

I couldn't believe it though, we're almost done with this twisted puzzle and all that we need is to figure this final riddle out and we would be out of this nightmare.

After a few minutes of continuous running we finally arrived at my house. We felt so relieved as we saw my house standing right there. I then dug through my bag and searched for the key, when I found it I then walked up towards the door and placed the key into the lock.

As I twisted it I then heard a voice. "Hihihi!" I was shocked as I heard that voice, it reminded me of something haunting, it was the girl! The little girl that followed me in my dreams! I then turned around and asked my friends if they heard something, like a voice of a little girl. As I asked that both of their heads nodded side to side, making a no sign.

I then ignored the voice and proceeded to unlock the door, thinking that it was only just another silly thing that my mind is doing to me right now. But for some reason a part of me is telling me that something bad is going to happen, but another part of me is telling me that I should calm down and think that it was just Dexter's funeral bugging me to think about these kinds of things.

"Find it now Megan! Before all of your friends die!" The voice said in an evil tone which made me shudder and make the hair behind my neck stand up.

As I heard that voice my eyes started to widen in fear, I turn back to my friends again and asked them the same question again, but they still denied it and told me that they were just standing right behind me and that they didn't hear any voice emit from outside.

I then turned the key and opened the door, we then stepped in the house and proceeded to run towards my room.

As they got in I picked out the newspaper articles out of my bag and showed them to Frank, as I showed him that he seemed to be interested with the articles and began reading it. I too also picked out a newspaper and started to read it. The news story was relevant to the house and it read:

"Is The Mansion Hiding Secrets?"

Locals believe that the story of a family being killed in this house was believed to be just a coverup of something dark and mysterious, people who have said this claimed that they saw the supposedly murdered family wandering around the place, looking alive and well.

I was shocked when I read that article. I then looked through more of these things in the pile of newspapers we were reading and found another interesting topic to read about.

" 'House Of Secrets' is it real?"

Just at the end of this very town an old and abandoned mansion is standing, its history was very dark and mysterious, it was believed that it was a place whre a family was brutally murdered, it was also believed that the family wasn't murdered and are hiding something very sinister from the public, whatever it is the public hopes for the best that it doesn't harm us.

I then looked through more of the papers and saw mysterious drawings, these drawings looked familiar, too familiar to be exact, it looked as if it was the puzzle pieces! It was the drawings of the puzzle pieces we've been trying to find!

As soon as I saw that my eyes started to jump with joy, I then showed to them the biggest discovery that I had, they were also amazed and intrigued about this thing that we started to examine and study it. The figure really did look like a sword.