The old chapel road

There is an old road in a wild corner of England's dense countryside. it has been a long time since any being has stepped foot on it,even the animals steer clear, but somehow footsteps still remain on the old chapel road...

It was late one night in October 1896. A young priest was walking home from the chapel as this was the only way to and from it. The road was long and steep,with tall,foreboding cliffs on ether side. Suddenly he heard the trundle of wheels and the sound a horse's neigh. Thinking maybe he could catch a lift,he called out the the approaching vehicle but to his dismay the figure riding the cart kept going. The priest trudged onwards but he then realised he could no longer hear the sounds of the horse and cart. He slowly turned around, only to be met with shoes,trousers,a jacket but no head. To his horror the headless man spoke. "You people took my head from my body I never committed the crimes I was framed for. Now you must give me back what you took." The priest had no time to scream.

The other priests from the chapel searched but all they could find of him was his body. His head was nowhere to be found. Beside the body was a note. It read 'I took from him what you took from me'.

Time past on and people forgot about the chapel and it slowly crumbled into ruins. But the footsteps on the road never forgot and never forgave.