Twelve

According to Itachi's plan, they all stood in front of the gate of the Uchiha farmhouse. In the moonlight, it gave of the atmosphere of a haunted place. The once maintained garden had grown all over, and there were creepers even on the boundary walls of the land.

"Is it done ?" asked Itachi, looking at Konan.

She nodded in reply, looking back at her laptop. She sat leaning her back against the wall, near the gate. Konan had hacked into the security system and made sure that all the monitors for the surveillance cameras only saw fake footage, the one which she was showing.

Itachi walked over to the gate, and put his eye in front of the scanner. Everyone watched as his eye was scanned, and the gate opened noiselessly, even though it had not been used over the years. Just what was expected from anything which belonged the Uchihas. The gate could only be opened by the eyes of someone of the Uchiha clan.

One by one, all of them walked inside, as quietly as possible. Their Akatsuki cloaks worked well as the cleverly moved from shadow to shadow.

Naruto had also gotten a cloak, which he was surprisingly very fond of. Never had he imagined that he would be working together with the most wanted criminal gang, only to rescue a teenage girl.

There were four of them - Itachi, Deidara, Hidan and Sasori - of Akatsuki and Naruto. Itachi had asked two members to stand by, in case they needed more help.

They pushed the door open very carefully. However, it still creaked. But they did not mind much. They had confirmed that Sasuke was in there, by hacking into the security system and gaining the surveillance cameras' footage of the past few weeks. They also knew that Sasuke was expecting them, or he wouldn't have so carelessly let his location be discovered.

Itachi led the way, feeling nostalgic as they passed through the corridor till they reached the back of the house.

As cliche as it was, pulling a book out from a shelf resulted in the shelves moving apart and revealing a staircase which went downwards. It was pitch black, and the was candle wax on the corners of the stairs, indicating that it was once lit by candles.

They started climbing down the stairs, one behind the other, as the path was narrow. Naruto was the last one, though he was ready to pounce on Sasuke the moment he laid his eyes on him. But, he wasn't paying much attention to his steps, and stumbled on one, falling forward.

It resulted in everyone tumbling down the staircase. So much for not making any noise. After the fall, only silence greeted them.

"You dumbfuck !" Hidan cursed as he got up and brushed the dust off himself. His voice was loud, and it echoed through the basement.

Naruto winced at it. But Hidan thought that it was no use sneaking around anymore, after having made enough noise to wake up the neighbourhood on a quiet night as that when they tumbled down the stairs.

Hidan went and picked up his long scythe which was lying on the stairs. At least, nobody had gotten hurt because of that.

"I guess you don't understand what it means to 'be quiet'." said Sasori, without showing much of an expression. Even after Naruto, who was walking behind him, fell on him and he tumbled with Naruto's weight on him, he seemed quite unfazed.

Itachi, who had gone down face first, narrowed his eyes at Naruto, already having second thoughts about bringing him along. They were supposed enter very quietly. Due to Naruto, even Konan's efforts of hacking into the security system were all wasted as he had very grandly annouced their entrance. Even Hidan, for once, had been quiet.

Naruto grinned very irresponsibly. Although it was dark, he could feel everyone's glares directed towards him. He apologized,"I couldn't really see where I was going," he said.

Deidara sat up and sighed deeply. He was goibg to give Naruto an earful about what would have happened if one of his bombs had accidentally exploded when he fell. But before he could say anything, somebody else spoke.

"Well, well, who do we have here ?"