Thirteen

"Well, well. Who do we have here ?" mused Sasuke as he stepped out of the shadows, his eyes glistening red in the light of their candles.

"It has been a while, dear brother." said Itachi.

There was a loud crashing voice, and the ceiling of the passage through which they had come down had collapsed.

"Indeed, it has." said Sasuke. "How have you been ?"

"Enough with the formalities ! Where is the girl ?!" demanded Hidan, holding his long scythe threateningly.

"Easy there." said Sasuke, laughing lightly, "Wouldn't want anybody to get hurt, now, would we ?"

"If you dont answer my question, you're the only one here who's going to get hurt !" said Hidan and took a step forward.

Sasori held out an arm in front of him, and stopped him from going any further. Hidan gave him a questioning look, but Sasori said nothing.

"Where have you hidden (Name) ?" asked Naruto cautiously.

Sasuke was not in a stable mental state, and anything reckless could mean harm to (Name). Naruto only wanted her to be safe. The poor unsuspecting girl had gotten herself into a deep mess.

"Aren't you eager ? Don't worry, you'll be joining her soon." said Sasuke, and stepped back into the shadows.

Their candles went out right at that instance and they were shrouded in darkness. In their pitch black surroundings, they could only make out a pair of crimson eyes a little further from them. Although that was all they saw, they could make out that Sasuke was smirking at them.

"Enough playing around !" said Deidara, and flinged two explosives in his direction.

There was a great blast. It left the Akatsuki trying to get a hold of their senses for a few seconds.

"Are you crazy ?! What if the ceiling collapsed and killed us too ?!" Naruto yelled, grabbing Deidara by his collar.

"But it didn't" said Deidara, brushing Naruto's hands off.

By this time, their eyes had gotten accustomed to the darkness. They could see their surroundings better. In front of them was what seemed like a control room. There were many screens showing different footages of the surveillance cameras across the estate, just as Itachi had mentioned. There were doors on either sides of the room, both wide open.

But Sasuke was no where to be seen.

"He got away." said Itachi. "But he has no where to go."

As they neared the screens, they realized that some were monitoring even other places and not only the farmhouse.

"That's (Name)'s house." said Naruto, answering the questions in their mind.

"Wow, I never realized your brother was such a creep." said Hidan, putting a hand on Itachi's shoulder. Itachi gave him a cold stare and he took his hand back.

"He has gone that way." said Itachi while pointing to one of the doors.

He started making his way over before anybody could ask him how he knew it. With a sword in his hand, he went inside.

"I'll stand here." said Sasori as they all followed Itachi.

Behind the door was a passage which lead to another door. Without even a moment's hesitation, Itachi pushed the door open.

"Surrender yourself, Sasuke." said Itachi. "Your charges will be lesser."

The lights flickered on and they blinked a few times to adjust their eyes. Their surrondings became clearer. The room was in fact smaller than they thought it would be. There was another door, leading to god knows where. But the most horrifying sight was behind Sasuke.

"I don't want to hear that from a criminal." said Sasuke, pointing a gun at Itachi.

"I don't care if you're my brother. I don't care if you're the only blood relative I have left. I won't let anybody stand between me and her." he said.

Behind him, each comfortably seated on an armchair, were Mr. and Mrs. Uchiha. Their skin was pale as ever, and their eyes were staring lifelessly into the distance. Any traces of blood from that night were gone.

"I discovered a way by which I could preserve bodies for a long time. You see, when I was left all alone in that damned house, I had a lot of time on my hands. Now I can keep all my beloved people near me forever." he said, smiling widely to himself.

"Doing what you did to your parents to her won't keep you both together forever." said Naruto from behind Itachi, who stood at the door, preventing anyone of them to enter inside.

"Shut up, idiot. What do you know about it ? All you did was dance around happily while I had all these problems." said Sasuke.

"Let the girl go and we will let you be." said Itachi, taking a step forward.

"Let me be ?" Sasuke laughed. "What can you do with that rusty old sword of yours anyway ?"

Sasuke aimed his gun at Itachi.

"Farewell, dear brother. I never liked you anyway."