Chapter Six

Kelsey Corter

Another day, another week.

Honestly, this whole game was getting annoying. Liam was now the one who visited me regularly, along with Zayn. Harry, Louis, and Niall would show up sometimes, depending on their schedule. They were currently off tour, just basically doing different signings and things in the US until they began their new tour back in England. Each time the boys came, Harry would act like he loved me, or something. Mia would glare at me as he flirted with me, and I would shamelessly flirt back. I kinda felt bad, but at the time, it made me happy that he was showing me some sort of affection.

Liam. Well, Liam was a different story. He seemed nonchalant when Harry and I would hang out, but he always seemed happier when Harry wasn't in the picture. I know it's because he considers me a close friend, and he already told me that Harry was bad news. He's just trying to look out for me, I know it. He was known to be the overprotective type, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. He was more like a concerned friend, not a "Dad" like most of the fans deemed him to be.

I wish people would stop trying to look out for me and make my decisions for me. I knew what I was getting myself into when I started this whole mess, so why do people feel the need to protect me all the time? I'm a big girl, I can handle myself just fine. In fact, Mia has only gotten worse about the whole situation. I know this because I see her and Zayn whispering to each other while continuously glancing in my direction.

Everyone's become so secretive too. Not just the boys because you would expect that from them, being stars and all. But even Mia seems to be hiding something from me. I wish they wouldn't. Knowing them, they're doing it to protect me. God, I wish they would stop. I won't be able to handle anything, or be able to deal with anything if people keep me from getting hurt.

"Hey Kels, you wanna go out to eat tonight?" Liam asks me, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I look over at him, my eyes moving from the tv screen to his face. "Um, yeah. Where are we all going?" I was assuming that he meant me, him, Mia, and Zayn, since that's who was all over today. It wouldn't be the first time we went out as a group like that.

"Oh," he says, hesitating for a fraction of a second, "well, Mia and Zayn already made plans to go on a date, so I figured we would go do something together. I mean, if you don't want too, then I completely understand, I just figured we would try and get out of the house tonight."

A smile breaks out on my face. "Actually, that would be awesome. There's a new Japanese place I've been dying to try. If you're in the mood for that?"

He nods his head. "Japanese sounds great!"

"Awesome, just let me go freshen up a bit," I tell him as I slide off of the couch and head towards my room.

After throwing on a pair of dark wash jeans that were lying on the floor and a light blue button up that happened to be Mia's, I fix my hair into a braid down my back, slip on some silver ballet flats, and head back out to find Liam engrossed in Criminal Minds with Mia and Zayn on the opposite couch.

"Liam, I'm ready to go," I say to get his attention. He looks up, his eyes giving me the once over. He smiles a little bit before telling Zayn and Mia where we are heading.

"You two have fun!" Mia calls as we walk out of the apartment.

I can't help but snicker a little bit at Mia's departing words. Liam and I head down the stairs, with the elevator being broken at the moment. I mention to him that we could take my car, but he insist he drive us. The drive to the restaurant is filled with random outburst of song singing and just general conversation between the two of us. Liam is one of my good friends, after all the things that have happened; and honestly, he and I are the closest out of the rest of the boys. We just have so much in common.