Chapter Three - The Aftermath

Heyyyy you guys!! It has been so long and I honestly don't have a good enough excuse just that I've been super busy and have had no motivation to write anything until now! I really hope that you enjoy this chapter it's longer than usual (Yay Me). I finally feel passionate about this story again and I hope that all of you guys that enjoyed the first few chapters when I first began have stuck around long enough to see this story progress! And too all you new fans! I hope you enjoy this story just as much as I do! Scott and Rae hold a dear place in my heart and I thoroughly enjoy writing their story.

I love you guys as always, thank you for your loyalty and the comments, votes, followers and shares that I have received! You encourage me to strive for perfection with this story. 

Enjoy the ride! 

MissViolet_

-

Chapter Three

Rae's P.O.V.

The thought of going into school today made me feel physically ill. No it wasn't the fact that I had a History test, or the fact that I hadn't done my Literature homework, it was the fact that I had to face the arrogant prick of the year that went by the name of Scott Maine.

Yesterday was fine; I spent my hours purely just swooning over Grey Sloane Memorial Hospital's hottest doctors; (bow down to Alex Karev and Jackson Avery), with all thoughts of Scott pushed to the back of my mind. But as soon as my alarm woke me this morning my stomach had been constantly occupied by what felt like a million deranged butterflies enjoying a stampede inside of me. I knew as soon as I saw Scott walking around the school like he owned the place, he would make a crude comment or ask for a 'round two' he was just way too predictable. I seriously wasn't looking forward to the intense paranoia that I would most likely feel all day wondering if anybody knew about our surprising encounter on Friday. I seriously couldn't face the patronizing glances from my classmates that pitied me for being Scott's latest victim or the jealous glares from Scott's fan club of girls who were wondering what he saw in me. Kill. Me. Now.

My parents sat at our dining table staring blankly at their breakfast with stony expressions refusing to make eye-contact with each other. "Nothing new here then" I muttered to myself.

I was so over this by now if you couldn't already tell. It had become the most intense routine, my parents would scream at one another until their throats couldn't handle another word and the next day they wouldn't speak. They'd make up a day or two later, whispering declarations of love and apologies and then they'd be straight back to fighting before the rest of us could even blink. They barely acknowledged me as I walked into the kitchen; it was beginning to feel like myself and my little sister were a burden, the last patch of glue that was holding them together if you will.

My little sister Ava had been staying with our grandparents across town for the last few weeks because the fighting at home was almost unbearable. Ava was only 5, she still thought that unicorns existed and the Easter bunny was real for God's sake. It was my decision to make Ava stay with my grandparents, of course I didn't tell them what was going on they'd probably have a fit if they found out. I know I'm not Ava's parent and I shouldn't be making serious decisions for her, but sometimes it felt like I was. Ava was adorable she was definitely the best of both my mother and my father whereas sometimes I felt like I was the worst of them both. I definitely had my mother's quality of holding a grudge, just ask Scott, he knows the strength of my wrath. Also I without a doubt possessed my dad's temper, it didn't take much to set me off, especially when I was watching an increasingly frustrating episode of Pretty Little Liars (damn you I. Marlene King).

"Are you done with the silent treatment yet? You have children for Christ's sake!" I had to say it. I was already on edge from the anticipation of my inevitable meeting with Scott today without also having to endure this animosity at home too. I was also missing my little fire cracker Ava terribly.