Chapter Six - The Binge Watching

This is the longest chapter I have ever posted, you're welcome.

-

Chapter Six

Rae's P.O.V.

Scott was picking me up at 5 for our first get together since our enemies with benefits arrangement began and I had no idea what to wear.

On the one hand, I didn't really care what Scott thought about the way I looked because I didn't need to dress myself up for any man. But on the other hand, I did actually want Scott to be attracted to me. It was obvious that I wasn't going to meet him with greasy hair and my much loved Paramore tour shirt on that had more holes in it then I'd like to acknowledge.

So I settled for my trusty dark blue skinny jeans and a plain black tank top with a fringed bottom. The outfit looked cute and casual and not like I was trying too hard. The jeans I was wearing I wore all the time but I'm sure Scott wouldn't notice.

Thinking about tonight scared the shit out of me. It had happened before I know that, but this time we were going to be sober and I still don't know how to feel about that.

If it's awkward in any way I'm walking straight out of there and going home, half-naked or not.

Lola once again had been dizzy with excitement all afternoon about Scott and me. She had asked probably around 25 times if she could come over to my house to help me pick an outfit and I turned her down 24 times before I finally gave in and agreed that she could come over just so she would stop with her obsessive nagging.

"You need to do something sexy with your hair too" Lola exclaimed her blue eyes bright with excitement as she lay across my bed flicking through Cosmopolitan magazine.

I huffed "What's wrong with the way I have it now?" my hair was let down like it usually was because when I tied my hair up in a ponytail I looked like a middle-aged bald man.

She stood up and walked towards where I was standing checking my hair out in the mirror "It looks great, but you always have it like that you need to jazz it up a little." I couldn't tell if that was a compliment or an insult?

"Lo, I'm only going to his house, I really don't think that I need to perm my hair and die it pink" I whined. I didn't see the point of dressing and acting like I was going to a party when the only person that was going to see me was Scott.

I hadn't told my parents that I was going out tonight. I kind of wanted to stay out the whole night just to see if they'd notice but somehow I think that taking spare clothes to wear to school tomorrow to Scott's house would look like I was definitely coming on too strongly.

My sister Ava still wasn't home from my grandparents' house yet and I missed her terribly. She has the rare ability to always put a smile on my face, whether it's because she said something sweet or amusing or because she was having another one of her tantrums. Mainly I liked to see her push my parent's buttons. She definitely was my sister, no doubt about it.

"You're too sarcastic for your own good sometimes Rae" Lola complained.

I was sarcastic and cynical sue me.

I poked my tongue out at her in response. "Don't make me start calling you Raena again" she stated confidently whilst quirking her eyebrow at me. She knew that was my weakness. Everybody who knew me, including Scott, knows that I'm not ever to be called by my birth name, Raena. From the moment I started talking I told everybody that my name was Rae and Lola knows that one of the ways to always get back at me is by not calling me Rae.

All my life my parents have complained about me shortening my name, telling me that Rae was a guy's name and that my name Raena was chosen for me for a reason and I should respect their wishes and use it. That didn't work out too well for them because they were the only people that called me it not even teachers did.