Chapter Seventeen

"C'mon boys. One. Two. One. Two!" Coach Stevens yelled. He was proud to see Jacques back on track. "There we go Mr. Perez, keep it up. Jacques shot the ball. The crowd cheered. Don was sitting on the sidelines. The team were winning by two points. "Time out!" Coach Stevens said. The referee called times. The team gathered. "Good job Perez. Keep that head in the game. Coopes keep them arms up. Byrce, watch Coopes back. Your job is to guard. Rashan keep doing whatever you're doing. Now on three. One. Two. Three. Bears!" Jacques walked to his position. The referee tossed him the ball. He checked it Byrce. He dribbled down court. Right. Left. Right. He passed it to Rashan shot the ball. The crowd cheered some more. "Good job Rashan! Good job!" Coach Stevens shouted. Byrce takes the ball again. He rocked the player. He dribbles down the court. "Yo Bryce right here!" Devon shouted. Time was ticking. They was down to the last ten seconds. Byrce dribbled some more. He tossed the ball to Devon. Devon tossed it Jacques. Uh oh with four seconds left on clock! Jacques shoots the ball. And the Bears wins the game. Everybody stood up and cheered. "Yeah! Yeah baaaabbby!" Devon shouted. He high five Jacques. "Jacques! Jacques! Jacques! The crowd chanted. The team did too. They poured the bucket of green water on him. He laughed. Coach Stevens clapped.

*

**

***

****

The bell rang for class to dismiss. Jacelyn walked out to see Kacey. "Hey Jacelyn. You talked to DeShawn yet?" she asked. Jacelyn nodded, "Actually I did but I think he took it the wrong way." she said. Kacey chuckled. "Well what do you expect. The guy was crushing bad but hey have you heard?" Kacey said eagerly. Jacelyn looked confused. That's when pulled up the Georgia Bears game. Jacelyn begin smiling. "You boyfriend got them to the championship game!" Kacey said. Jacelyn became happy. "Oh my gosh!" Jacelyn squealed. The whole time they walked to the dorms, she couldn't stop smiling. "And guess what else?" Kacey asked. "Whaaat!" Jacelyn asked anxiously. "They want me and you to go interview the Georgia Bears. Aren't you excited!" Kacey said jumping up and down. Jacelyn gasped. She begin jumping up and down. "I get to see my boyfriend play the championship game!" Jacelyn said. "Thanks me I thought you might enjoy this opportunity." Kacey bragged. Jacelyn hugged her. "Oh Kacey how could I thank you enough?" Jacelyn pleaded. "Just hook me up with one them Georgia Bears. They are cute." she laughed. Jacelyn chuckled. "Okay girl. But let's go shopping. I have to get an outfit to wear for my bae." Jacelyn squealed. The girls rushed out the dorm room. Kacey locked the door. She quickly caught up with Jacelyn. They hopped in the car and drove off to the mall.

DeShawn watched as they left. "If I can't have you, then nobody will!" He walked up the stairs to Jacelyn dorm room. He climbed in through the window. He quietly closed the window. He walked in the room. On the wall, was a picture of her and Jacques at graduation. He tore it down angrily.