Chapter Forty-Three

New Years Eve
The crew was gathered at Janelle and Jay's house. Janelle was preparing some food. That's when Jay walked in. "Damn it smells good in here baby!" Jay shouted. She smiled. Jacelyn walked out holding Maddison. She was giggling while playing with Jacelyn's necklace. Jacques walked behind her. "Maddie seem to like that necklace." he said. She smiled at him. She grabbed the necklace from going Maddison mouth. She got fussy. "No no Maddie. That doesn't go in your mouth." Jacelyn said. Janelle came and got Maddison. "She probably just hungry." Jacelyn gave Maddison to her mama. She walked towards the door to see Maureen and Byrce outside talking. Byrce got up and walked inside the house. Maureen got up and followed him. "Who's this Teri girl? Why she texting your phone about come thru. Byrce did you screw her!" Maureen shouted. Byrce kept walking away from her. She followed. Jacelyn shook her head.

All of a sudden, there was a knock at the door. She went to answer it to see Destinee, JaMarcus and Brooke. "Destinee you made it!" Jacelyn said eagerly. She hugged her. JaMarcus dapped up Jacques. Brooke squeezed through the door. She plopped down. That's when Jacelyn realized she was holding her stomach. "Oh my gosh! Brooke you...." "Yes she's pregnant! Ima be a papi!" JaMarcus joked. Brooke threw a pillow at him. He laughed. Janelle walked in. "Brooke sweetie you expecting?" she asked. JaMarcus walked up and hugged. "Yes ma'am. I'm going to be a daddy!" he said eagerly. Jay walked out once he heard JaMarcus voice. "Aww daaaaamnnn!" Jay said. Brooke laughed. Destinee got Brooke some water. She thanked her sister.

Few minutes later, Alexis and Devon walked in. Behind them was Taylor and Rashan. "Yo wassup JaMarcus!" Devon shouted. He walked to dapped him up. He looked at Brooke. "Yo you expecting?" Devon asked him. He nodded eagerly. Devon shook his head, "Good luck! Once she hit them months, gonna regret it dawg!" Devon said. Alexis playfully hit him, "Don't tell him that!" Alexis went to go hug Janelle. "Where's the babies?" she asked. "They at my moms house." Janelle nodded. That's when Maureen came out fussing. "Byrce who's this Teri girl is?" Alexis watched as she followed him around like a lost puppy. "Byrce I'm talking to you!" He finally turned around. "No I didn't screw her! She put her number in my phone but I never used it!" he shouted. Maureen folded her arms. "Apparently you put yours in her phone." Maureen fussed. Rashan watched the chaos. That's when Taylor walked in. "Who's this Teri chick!" Taylor recognized the name. "Teri...Umm...Teri what?" Taylor asked. Maureen went through his messages for a picture. She showed Taylor. She gasped. "Byrce you messing around with my stepsister!" Maureen dropped his phone. He reached for it. "Hell no I ain't freak that girl. Look you guys it's New Years Eve. We not supposed to be arguing. Its about to be a whole new year." he explained. Maureen went to go sit next to Brooke. Byrce came sat by her. Maureen moved over. "Maureen damn it! Stop being childish!" he shouted. She smirked. "Fine then!" Jacelyn laughed at the two. Byrce wrapped his arms around Maureen. Devon went to get a soda from the refrigerator. "Get me on too!" Rashan said. "Me three!" JaMarcus said. Devon huffed. "I want one too!" Jacques said. "Maan y'all go get y'all own sodas!" Devon said putting them back. The boys laughed. They grabbed their own sodas.

"Alright it's ten minutes down to New Years." Jay said. Everybody started clapping. "What's some new years resolution?" Janelle asked. Everybody got quiet. "Yeah y'all folks don't know about that!" Jay said. "Mama I don't think we thought of that yet!" Jacelyn said laughing. The crew was chilling until New Years. "I'm going to the store for some wine." Janelle said. Jacques got up. "You stay Mrs. West, I'll go for you!" Jacques offered. She smiled. "Thank you sweetie." Devon got up. "I'm rolling with you too." That's when Bryce got up too. Then Rashan. Finally JaMarcus. "If one go, the whole squad going. Just in case some sh*t goes down." Jay said getting up. They all hopped in the Escalade and drove to the store. Destinee lean back watching the BET Notarized. Alexis, Taylor, Maureen, Brooke and Mrs. West sat close to each other. They begin singing Kissin' My Tattoos by August Alsina.

Jacques got out car to grab some wine. That's when he ran into Melanie. He cursed under his breath. "JayyPee right?" she asked walking his way. He nodded. "Look I see you and your girl doing good." she said referring to Jacelyn. "Yeah I proposed to her!" he said walking off. She grabbed his arm. "Why you making things feel awkward between us?" That's when JaMarcus and Devon walked in. "Yo Jacques you got the wine?" JaMarcus shouted. He raised it up. "Yeah I'm heading out now!" He jerked his arm from Melanie. "I got what I want and it ain't you!" He walked to the cashier. She rang up the item. Jacques swiped his card. "Have a nice day. Happy New Years Eve!" He nodded. JaMarcus and Devon followed. He realized Melanie. He pointed the middle finger at her. He mouthed h*e to her! She pouted. He begin laughing. He hopped in the car. The boys drove back to Mrs. West house. They walked to hear the girls singing.

I bet you start loving me

Soon as I start loving someone else

Somebody better than you

I bet you start needing me

Soon as you see me with someone else

Somebody other than you

And I know that it hurts

You know that it hurts your pride

But you thought the grass was greener on the other side

I bet you start loving me

Soon as I start loving someone else

Somebody better than you

"Hol' up! Hol' up! Maan it ain't going down like this!" Jay shouted while walking in the house. The girls ignored him and kept singing.

I love you but I won't be a fool for you

That is just something' that I wouldn't do, babe

I mean I would stay if you could tell the truth

But you can't, no matter how much time I ask

Is that your bitch over there giving me the ugly stare

The one with the silicone ass, and the Brazilian hair

You ain't gon' respect me no no no 'til I'm not there

See, I got you comfortable, now you ain't really scared

Devon covered his ears. "Daaamn can it get any worse!" Jacelyn started jumping up and down. "My part coming up!"

So you bought me a car, he can buy that too

I can take care of myself and I can find someone to do it too, baby

You actin' like you upgraded me, I upgraded you

You and me Fashion Week in Paris, I put you on to that new

But you took advantage of, you took advantage of, you took advantage

I cannot understand it, I cannot understand it, I cannot understand it

I thought you'd always be there for me, yeah yeah

But if you ask me if I knew better now, hell yeah

JaMarcus went to cut the TV off. "Heeyy!" the girls said in unison. "We ain't having any in yo feelings music 'round here." Brooke stood up. He back away. Jacelyn laughed. That's her phone was going off. "One minute to New Years!" she shouted. Janelle got up and poured the wine in twelve or thirteen cups. Everybody went in and grabbed a glass. It was down to the last ten seconds. "TEN! NINE! EIGHT! SEVEN! SIX! FIVE! FOUR! THREE! TWO! ONE! HAPPY NEW YEARS!" The crew shouted. Everybody kissed their girlfriend or boyfriend. Destinee felt left out. That's when Brooke kissed her cheek. "There you go big sister!" Brooke said. She smiled. JaMarcus kissed her cheek too. "Aha there you go sister-in-law." he joked. She playfully hit him. "Just being honest!" he said looking at Brooke. Jacques was holding Jacelyn. "So another year for us!" he said. Jacelyn shook her head. "More like infinity for us!" Jacques smiled. "You right baby girl." They kissed again. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder. They walked outside. Jacques looked to the sky. " Yeah Jad, I'm holding her down. Oh yeah Ja'Quan I cuffed yo lil sister!" he said. Janelle walked outside smiling. Jay was standing by her side. "They the next us just give them a few more years." Janelle nodded. "He found his Ride or Die girl! She ain't going anywhere for a long time!" JaMarcus said. Everybody nodded. "Cheers to the Rider Squad!" Devon shouted. Jacelyn and Jacques turned around. "To the Rider Squad!" they shouted in unison.