[1] The Fox

Amelia's POV

I walked through the forest and looked around, everything was so beautiful. Nature, so awesome. I looked to the right and saw a squirrel run up a tree with a nut in his mouth.

I looked to my left and saw a big green meadow with flowers and a stream flowing through. "Wow! COOL!" I exclaimed, looking at the wonderful sight. I ran to it and sat down next to the stream and saw fish swimming through it and smiled.

I laid down and looked up at the clouds, a lovely day might I say. The breeze was nice and calm and I breathed it in, then that's when I heard it. "YIP!" I jumped up and looked around. What was that?

Sounded like a....whine! I ran towards the sound and pushed through branches and leaves until I saw it, a muddy, dirty, big red fox with sparkly red eyes on the ground stuck in a trap.

"Oh my gosh! Uh...umm.." I knelt down next to it and looked around, OK, so, she's stuck in a trap. "It's okay girl you're going to be alright, I promise." I said.

I grabbed a big stick and put it in the trap and lifted it up and she crawled out. I took off my scarf and tied it around her hurt foot and she yelped. "I'm sorry, but I stopped the bleeding, come on." I said.

I slowly and carefully picked her up with a grunt and carried her home. But let me tell you! She was SO heavy!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Hello? Anybody home?" Hmmm nobody's home, I guess that's good. I cleared the table and set the fox down on it and went to the kitchen. Let's see, some towels, bandages, water and....food.

I set everything on the table and wet a rag, I gently cleaned her off and she was beautiful! "Wow, you're beautiful." I said, the fox looked up and I swear she smiled, she laid back down.

When I cleaned her up I removed my scarf and cleaned the wound and tied it in bandages. "Better?" I asked, the fox looked up and to my surprise said. "Better." I jumped right out of my skin and yelped, "Oh my gosh you can talk."

I moved back towards the fox and stared. "Umm....what's your name?" I asked, "My name's Amber, what's yours?" Amber asked, "Umm....Amelia." I said, I just stared at her weirdly until she so rudely interrupted my staring.

"Hey, what are you staring at." She growled, "Err...umm....just at you, you're amazingly beautiful and big!" I exclaimed, she laughed and said. "That's what everyone tells me, oh and thank you." I smiled and said, "You're welcome, it was nothing, I saw an animal in distress and I helped."

Amber got up and limped over to my side of the table and sat down. "I would like to thank you by giving you a gift." Amber told me, "A...a gift?" I asked, I was surprised, how can a fox give me a gift?

She closed her eyes and she slowly disappeared into the shadows and the shadows started moving towards me. "Ahhhh!" I screamed loudly and ran away, I ran upstairs to my room and locked the door.

I sighed but then the shadows went under the door, "Eek!" I hid under the covers but it went through it and went into me and I passed out. Well I'm guessing I passed out. Cause I felt a sharp pain and only saw darkness.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Wake up, Amelia, I heard a voice say, "Go away." I groaned and rolled over but she shouted, GET UP, AMELIA, NOW! I jumped and shouted, "Okay! Okay! You didn't have to shout!"

I looked around and saw....nobody....absolutely nobody. "Who...who's there?" I looked around and still saw nobody. It's me, Amber, I'm in you, me and you are one. We feel, hear, and see the same things. She said.

I was so scared that I didn't realize that I was shorter, wait, I'm shorter! "Ahhh! I'm melting!" I exclaimed, I could hear Amber laughing at me, "Don't laugh! I'm dying here!" Amber just laughed even more.

You're not melting, Amelia! You're a fox! You can shift into a fox whenever you want! She exclaimed, I was startled at this and looked at my hands, or what used to be hands, now I only saw paws.

Black and brown paws, I jumped up and started to walk, or whatever you call it. It looked like I was a elephant trying to walk with only one foot in the front.

Well you have weird imagination there, Amelia, Amber laughed. I walked around until I got the hang of it then I ran and jumped and it felt.....awesome! "Woo hoo! I'm a fox! Yeah!" I ran to my closet and looked in the mirror.

"Oh....my......gosh...I'm beautiful!" Red fur, black and brown paws, white chest, sparkly red eyes and a red tail with a white and black tip. Yeah, that was my fox but now it's ours, Amber said proudly.

"Wow! This...is....awesome! Wait.....can I tell anyone?" I asked, I felt scared but it was like I wasn't scared but someone else, why? No, fox spirits are SUPER DUPER UPER RARE. Amber shouted, oh that was Amber feeling scared.

"Oh, well can I tell Rheya? My BFF, she's like a sister to me. Please?" I begged, Amber thought a bit then finally said. Yes, but only cause I know her. She said.

I guess she felt my confusion because she explained, I have your memories also. I nodded, understanding finally. "Oh, okay then," I said. I am so excited! I can't wait to tell Rheya! Wait.....somebody's coming!

Quick change back! Amber shouted at me, "I-I don't know how!" I exclaimed, Amber seemed annoyed. Just uh....think of being a human, skin and all. She said.

I thought of my red hair and blue eyes and skin and all and I felt it, "Ow...ouch..oof." Darn that hurt! You'll get used to it after awhile, Amber told me. I sat on my bed and Nathan came in, my brother.

He's OK I guess, not as bad as Christian though, oh my gosh. Speaking of the devil, here he comes. Christian walked in and gave a smirk, oh no, what did he do now.

"Hey Amelia, were back from watching Ant Man. Without you," Christian said grinning ear to ear. He's twenty and he's still a brat, "What! You watched it without me! I've been wanting to watch that forever! Argh! Jerks!" I shrieked, I growled at him.

"Wow, been working on your growl haven't you." Christian said impressed, I used to growl even before I was a Fox....thing...whatever you call it.

And everyone's been trying to stop it but I just can't shake it, and now that I'm...a.... Werefox Amber helped out, yeah Werefox. I really won't stop. I grinned and stuck my tongue out. "You're just jealous," I said.

Nathan butt in like always, "Jealous? He is NOT jealous, of all things. He might feel bad for you." He said, "It's like you're not human. Oh wait, never mind. You're NOT."

And that's the bad part of Nathan. "Yeah! What Nate said!" Chris said and walked away to his room. Nate sat down on my bed and said, "To tell you the truth we were going to go with you but you were in the forest and you didn't respond to out shouts."

And there's the nice Nate, I like him better than mean Nate. "Oh, uh, really? Well uh....I guess I forgive you, but not Christian." I smiled and Nate smiled and left with a wave.

I just can't wait until Christian goes back home, he's staying over for Christmas. Also known as my birthday, so I'll be turning sixteen soon. YEAH! SWEET SIXTEEN COMING UP!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I walked downstairs, grabbed some water, went back upstairs and went to my desk, "What to do....what to do..." I jumped up and got my phone and went to Google, "Let's see...what to draw....what to draw..." I grinned and searched up, 'Chibi Red Fox' and it popped up a bunch of pictures, I scrolled through and found some and started to draw.

When I was done I colored it in, hung it on my wall with the rest of my pictures, jumped on my bed and stretched. I laid on my bed and got an idea, yes! My book! I ran to my bookshelf and grabbed it, it's called 'Eye of the Oracle' I jumped on my bed and read.

And remember! Stay Whelmed!