[8] Jackson Meets His Mate

Amelia's POV

I woke up and stretched and.....fell off the bed. Ow....BWAHAHAHAHA! I rolled my eyes, stop laughing, Amber! I exclaimed. (In mind of course)

I'm sorry but that was too funny, Amber said. I stood up and quickly changed, I walked to the stairs and smirked. I slid down the rail and walked into the kitchen.

Jackson was at the table staring at his pancakes, I sat next to him. "Watcha doin'?" I asked, "These pancakes don't seem right." He simply said, "Of course it's not! Just look at it!" I exclaimed.

I stood up and walked over to the leftover pancake batter, I put in chocolate chips and stirred it around a bit. "It needs chocolate chips," I said.

Jake's POV

I woke up and growled when I smelled a rogue, I quickly stood up and ran downstairs. Then stopped when I noticed Jackson. Oh right it's just him, I hid around the corner and watched.

Amelia brought pancakes over to Jackson and put two on his plate, he bit into it and a giant smile appeared on his face. "You were right, chocolate chip pancakes are so good." He said.

I walked in the kitchen and grabbed some pancakes and sat down next to Amelia, tearing into my pancakes angrily. "Good morning to you too grumpy butt," Amelia said.

I growled in response, "Morning." I grumbled, out of the corner of my eye I saw Amelia roll her eyes. "What's with you today?" Amelia asked, biting into her pancake.

"Nothing," I mumbled. "SOOOO, I was sorta thinking...." Amelia trailed off. I was suddenly interested, "Yeah?" I asked, turning and looking at her. 

"I mean, well...." Amelia trailed off again, I sighed. "Out with it," I said. "Well, my family has nowhere to stay because our house was burned, obviously. But, you know...." she trailed off again.

"You want them to stay here," I finished. "Yeah," Amelia said, giving me puppy eyes. "I'll talk to Jason," I simply said. Uh huh, talk to me, eh? Jason asked, in mind of course.

Urm, yeah. So what do you think? I asked, also in mind. They'd find out what we are, Jason pointed out. Maybe it's time, I said.

Alright, I'm fine with it. Jason said, "Alright. They can stay," I told Amelia. Amelia fist bumped the air and danced around the room, uh....what the heck?

Jackson just sat there looking at her with the weirdest look, "Ooh! Ooh! I have an idea!" Amelia suddenly exclaimed, grabbing Jackson's hand and dragging him down the hall.

I growled and followed them out the door, "Over protective mate." I heard Amelia mutter, I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag. Amelia shifted and Jackson looked uneasy. 

I shifted and padded over next to Amelia, Amelia looked at Jackson and yipped. Jackson shook his head and Amelia sighed and then started walking somewhere. 

After awhile we arrived at her secret hideout thingy, Rheya was at the tire swing. "Oh, hey, Rheya." Amelia said once she had shifted, Jackson stared at Rheya before grinning.

He shifted and stared at her some more until....."Mate!" He exclaimed, lunging towards her and giving her a hug. She stood there frozen, "Uh....what's happening?" She asked, I chuckled and smirked. 

"Looks like you found your mate, congrats." I said. Amelia grinned, "See. I told you you'd find your mate," she told Jackson. Rheya was still new at this mate thing so she backed up.

"Okay, so I know what a mate is and whatever but this is still so weird," Rheya said. "I don't think I'm ready for this," she said. Jackson whimpered but nodded.

"Take your time," he said. You could tell he was forcing himself to say that, Rheya smiled. "Thanks," she said. Jackson's mood immediately brightened.

Amelia laughed and sat on the swing, she pushed off and got enough momentum until she was high enough to reach the bell up top. It made a loud 'DING' sound that made everyone, besides Rheya, cover their ears.