☯ Interlude

Disclaimer: Edited version on my Patreon.

Eden's pink fuzzy house shoes, scrubbed the cherry wood oak floors as she occupied a pint of Rocky Road, Blue Bell ice cream. It was a Friday, Summer night and she had plans of staying in watching romantic movies since her love life wasn't quite hitting how it should.

Casually she entertained this one guy, but she wasn't really in the mood to be bothered with him tonight.

Once she made it into the spacious living room of the loft she shared with her mother and twin brother, she began to shut the blinds so that the lights from the city wouldn't put a glare on the TV.

Just as soon as she sat down and picked up the remote to start Disappearing Acts, her twin brother Kyrie walked in cutting the lights on. Eden sent him a glare, while holding the cold spoon upside down on her tongue.

"How I look E?" Kyrie asked stepping further around the red leather sectional, doing a full 360.

Kyrie was no doubt handsome, and had all the girls chasing after him as well as making him their Man Crush Monday everyday of the week. He and Eden shared the same brown skin tone, that was smooth, and blemish free.

The same big brown eyes, complimented by a set of long eyelashes they they'd picked up from their mother. Kyrie took his father's height standing at 6"1, while Eden took somewhat of her mother's height standing at 5"5.

Both twins were eye catchers, but only one blazed in the glory and that was Kyrie. Eden was more laid back, quiet, and reserved not one for attention.

"Look like you about to go somewhere." Eden spoke popping the spoon out her mouth.

Kyrie frowned, and sucked his teeth at his sister who always had something smart to say. Never did he realize he'd just interrupted her plans.

"I am fool, now how I look?" Kyrie asked waving her off, as he stuck his foot out so she could get a better view of his all black Timbs.

"You look fine Ky, you act like the shoes supposed to turn another color or something." Eden said rolling her eyes, as she dug her spoon into the ice cream.

"I'm just making sure they look okay with my outfit." Kyrie said fixing the forest green v-neck he wore, that brought out the gold herringbone chain he had wrapped around his neck.

Eden shook her head, and noticed the green du-rag hanging out his back pocket. She let out a sigh, and bit down on her bottom lip before speaking.

"Where you going Ky?" She asked curiously.

"Going to the park with Camille, just chill." Kyrie said with a shrug, as he stood in one of the three big mirrors his mother had adorning the living room wall.

"What park?" Eden asked watching him closely, as she ate her ice cream.

"Somewhere on her side of town, why?" He asked looking over at his sister, who now had a look of concern on her face.

"I don't like you going on that side of town, you know the Black Roses are over there. You can't just disrespect them by going in their hood, wearing your green." Eden said staring in her brother's eyes, that always held a glint.

Kyrie smiled big, showcasing his mint-white thirty two teeth as he flopped down on the couch next to Eden. Although they were twins, he always saw her as his little sister.

The one who was always overly concerned about him, and his well being.

"Sis, ain't nothing gon' happen to me. I can protect myself." Kyrie assured her, slapping his chest.