28. No Right

"What if it was a mass murderer? Huh? Or a robber or something? Or worse, a vampire?"

Kiera's POV

Dancing around my room singing loudly to the radio, suddenly my little brother comes running into my room.

"Sissy someone's at the door for you! They said they need your help." He says coming in my room.

"Luke! You know not to open the door. Why didn't you call me!?" I ask, turning my radio down and turning to look at Luke. I mean seriously, Luke was 9. What if it was a mass murderer? Huh? Or a robber or something? Or worse, a vampire?

"But- but they said they needed your help. He said you knew him. His name was Scooter!" Luke protests.

"Luke! That was still wrong. People don't always tell the truth." I say sighing, as I bend down to get eye level.

"Okay, I'm sorry." He says looking down.

"It's okay bud. Just don't do it ever again. Okay? You never know who it could be. I don't want you to get hurt." I say ruffling his hair.

"Okay sissy." He says hugging me.

"Alright, well I need you to go into your room and play okay? It won't take long, then we can go to the park, I promise."

Seeing him nod he runs into his room and shuts the door gently. Taking a deep breath I shake my head slightly trying to get a hold of myself. Scooter was here. After a month of Justin being gone. I thought Justin was done with me. He left me, bam, just like that after the incident. One moment it was horrible and then the next I was home in my own bed. He had all but disappeared. A bandaged on my side, the only thing that reminded me it was real and not just a dream. I may have not wanted this to begin with, and Justin put me through hell and back a few times, but through all of it, I still managed to miss him. It had been a month, I thought by now everything would be back to normal. He wanted me to forget about him and so I did. I was back to partying with my friends, dancing, being with my family and living my life. He had no right to just come back in and expect that I would be waiting for him.

"Kiera. Thank heavens you answered. Look I know that-" Scooter starts to say.

"Stop it! Just stop it. What right does Justin have to send you back here!? After everything he did!? He said he loved me then he hurt me and then he- he- he just. UGH! I am finally happy again! Finally living my life and forgetting about him. He did the same. So no, you need to leave." I state firmly as I stare Scooter down, the door already swinging to slam in his face.

"He tried to kill himself." Scooter blurts out loudly all of a sudden. Stopping all of a sudden I catch the door as my mind tries to processes what Scooter just said. He- he tried to kill himself? Why? What would drive him to that type of extreme?

"He- He WHAT!?" I say loudly, swinging the door back open to stare at Scooter in disbelief.

"He tried to kill himself Keira. He- he- he said he couldn't handle it anymore. He said he missed you too much and it tortured him to know what he had done. He's given up. I- I know you probably hate him. I mean, you have every right to- and- and I know I don't have the right to ask you this. But- but I'm going to any ways because you're his last chance. Please Kiera- can you find it in yourself to save him?" Scooter begs.

"Did he send you here?" I ask quietly, my mind already weighing the pros and cons of this situation. Don't get me wrong, I did love and care about Justin a lot. But what if this time was the same as last? How long would it be this time until he realize I shouldn't be with him and he pushes me away from him. I don't think I could get handle that again.

"No. In fact if he knew I was here he'd probably kill me. He doesn't want you to know, he didn't want to pull you back in his world. He thought that you would be happy that he was gone. He's convinced himself that you're better off and that you hate him and never want to see him again. When he woke up in the hospital after we found him he even said that he was glad he didn't die because he didn't even deserve death. That he deserved to remember everything and to hurt and live in misery for the rest of his life." Scooter says solemnly, looking anywhere but me.

"You're right, you don't have any right to come back and ask me. But I could never really hate him Scooter. Even through all the pain and hurt that he caused I don't hate him. He was right you know. I never had a choice but to love him. Yes I was mad, and yes I was hurt. But mostly because he was too cowardly to face me the next morning. Instead he thought it was better to pretend that none of it happened. He just left me back in my own room, left me like nothing happened, like the last month hadn't happened. Yet it did. Because the mark on my side reminded me. It was only the hurt and the pain and heart break he left me with. Nothing else. You can't erase the past Scooter, you just can't. No matter how hard you try. All you have to do is move on."

And it was true. Everything I had just said. I wasn't really sure how. But I learned not everything makes sense, especially when it came to love. And one of the only things I was actually sure of in my life was that I loved Justin.

"You're his only chance Kiera." Scooter says quietly.

Groaning lightly I look up at Scooter before sighing again. I loved Justin. I really did, and I couldn't ignore that pull anymore. I didn't get the chance to tell Justin before the incident. To really tell him. I mean sure I did when I was panicking, but he didn't really hear me. He didn't believe me. But that was that. He was hurting and I couldn't let him do this to himself or his family, friends, his fans, or the world.

"Fine. Bring him here." I finally say sighing again.

"Really?" Scooter says; hope beginning to show in his tone.

"Yes. How soon can he get here? Do it before I change my mind." I say shaking my head slightly trying to reason why I just agreed to this.

"Tomorrow. Thank you Kiera. Seriously, thank you. You don't know how amazing you are." He says, looking quite relieved as he pulls me into a hug.

"Of course Scooter. It might sound a little twisted because of what happened, but I love him. And I can't let him do this to himself. No matter how hard my mind might try to reason with me the other direction. There are just some things that you can't really reason or explain. And this is one of them." I finally say shrugging.

"We'll see you tomorrow Kiera." Scooter says giving me one last nod before leaving. Shutting the door I slide down the other side and put my head in my hands. What did I just sign myself up for?