Seven | No Time For Love

I woke up to the sound of my doorbell ringing uncontrollably. "I'm coming, I'm coming." I groaned, getting up.

While walking to the door, I looked down at my attire: a T-shirt and pajama pants.. I looked through the peephole to see Steve standing impatiently.

I turned the knob, opening it. "Steve, what's wrong?" Without a word, he closed my door, swept me up in his arms, and started walking towards his motorcycle.

"Steve, what's going on?" I asked him once more, and again I got no answer. "Steve!" I yelled, and he finally stopped.

"I'll explain when we get there, okay?" He answered, handing me a helmet. I gave him a look, and by his face, I could tell something was very wrong.

I obliged, going with him..

----

"So, what's all this about?" I asked, looking at the men before me. Well, Nick and Steve were there, too. One of the men in the black suits handed me a cup of coffee.

I thanked him, sipping it. "You're in danger. James Buchanan is on our trail like a hound dog, and he is targeting our family and loved ones. You mean the most to Steve, so we have to keep you safe."

Nick explained. I glanced at Steve, and he seemed upset. "All I know is if someone hurts you, there will be terrible consequences." He pressed a small kiss to my forehead.

"But I won't let anything bad happen to you."