Out In The Rain

Genre: Romance
Rated: PG-13
Summary: Yanee, an 18-year-old girl, flees a wedding feud between the bride and groom and ends up waiting for a bus to arrive in an isolated bus stop. Meanwhile, she meets a mysterious, handsome man who seems to have decided to take a rest from his daily evening jog at the bus stop Yanee was waiting at. His rest and her wait seemed to go hand-in-hand for the awkward events that occurred during their long stay at the lonely bus stop.

This story is dedicated for Yaneeeeekjelly. Hope this story was worth your wait!

Shit, I'm not going to get home in time!

Yanee hurried to the nearest bus stop (about two kilometres away), panting and gasping for air as she stumbled along the wet paved walkway of the lonely streets. It was one of those hot but rainy days and Yanee just couldn't bear it any longer. Her flower girl dress was dirty and slightly ripped and her mascara achieved the I'm-a-zombie look. Her sweat, rainwater and the atmosphere's dust combined to make her feel even more uncomfortable.

As she got closer and closer to the bus stop, she felt a beam of light shining from behind her as it cast a long shadow of herself in front. She turned around and noticed the bus was arriving.

Shoot, shoot, shoot. The bus won't stop if I move at a snail's pace, Yanee thought as she looked around. This place seems to be deserted so I don't think buses come here often.

Yanee turned around and waved her hand frantically above her head to get the driver's attention. The bus in the distance drove closer, only to take a right turn at the round-about only ten metres away from her.

"You've got to be kidding me." Yanee said exasperatedly. After a few minutes of utter silence, she immediately bunched up her puffy dress and brought it to her face. She started screaming her heart out from frustration and cursed the day into the dress, until a stranger's voice interrupted her hatred session.

"Excuse me, but what the hell are you doing?"

Yanee looked up in surprise at the stranger and gasped.

It seemed like time has stopped when she stared in awe at the young man in front of her. He looked about the same age as her, about eighteen or nineteen, but his eyes were so mature. He seemed to have asked her something, but she was too deaf to hear what he's saying because of the sound of the heavy rain. Only her eyes worked while she took a very long look at his whole being. His face was not clearly seen because of the black facemark he was wearing. His body was well built, but not bulging like body-builders. Her eyes stopped at his chest and stomach. It seemed like his abdomen had six bricks stacked inside his belly. She could clearly see the outline of his abs, especially in his white tank top's wet state as it stuck to his body like glue from the rain. From the shelter of the bus stop, she could see the wet droplets hanging off his candy-pink hair and dripping off his toned arms and collarbones. "Damn," she whispered under her breath in awe.

He stepped closer, towering over her in the procedure, his curious and handsome eyes watching her observation of him in an amused expression. "Excuse me?" He asked in a mocking tone. Yanee literally felt the presence of his smirk behind his facemask. He tilted her head with his thumb and index finger to make her look directly at his attractive face. He briefly looked down her chest, but quickly averted his eyes to hers out of respect. He accidentally looked down again and realised how close he was to her.

"Enjoying the view, huh?" The giant in front of Yanee spoke, and this time, his voice reached her ears. She was taken aback at how deep and masculine he sounded. His voice seemed to reverberate inside her head several times before it faded away completely. He was still smirking, Yanee knew, but he looked extremely gorgeous when his eyes looked at her like that.