Run

* Not edited *

MELISSA'S POV:

I don't know how long I've been outside for, but I'm exhausted. I didn't even check to see if my Mom came home or not. I seriously never thought I'd spend this much time on the beach. I picked some sand up and let it fall out of my hand. I was trying to clear my head, but I couldn't. I was feeling a little sick to my stomach. I was still pretty mad at my mom for making me leave everything I ever knew. I was literally home sick. I wanted to go inside and call someone from home, but I didn't know who to call.

I dug my feet deeper into the sand. I was watching the tide, it was starting to rise. I was probably going to have to go in soon. But I didn't want to. I didn't want to go back in the  big empty house, into my empty room and lay there. I'm sicking of waiting for my life to come to me.

JAKE'S POV:

My hands were rapidly tapping on the stearing wheel. I rolled down my window, trying to get some fresh air.

I was in such a rush to get to her, I didn't plan on what I was going to say. 

Think Jake. 

I had this nervous feeling in my stomach, I'm not sure if it was a good or bad nervous. Maybe a little of both. 

Seriously, how am I going to just walk up to her and basically claim her.

"That's what we're supposed to do." I heard my wolf.

I sighed deeply while sitting at a red light. "Hi Melissa, I'm Jake. I'm a werewolf and you're my mate so let me bite you."

"It's not like that." My wolf growled lowly.

I'm literally torn in two. Being a werewolf is almost like having two personalities, but it's more of just instinct I guess. The wolf side of me wants to claim her, but the human side of me knows that she's not going to accept this. 

The light turned green and I began driving again. I was getting closer and closer to Sunset Drive. I was getting excited but I still haven't thought of anything to say.

I made one last left and there was, 1419 Sunset Drive. I wasn't wasting anymore time, I got out of the car immediately.  I walked up to the front of the house, there was only one light on.

MELISSA'S POV:

I thought I was crying for a second. But I wasn't sure. I was so caught up in my own head, that I was distant from my body. 

I got up and brushed myself off and began walking back up the beach to my house. The breeze was blowing most of the sand that was left off my legs. The whole time I was walking to the house, I felt wrong. I felt like I should turn around. But it was like my mind and body weren't connected.

I reached the back of my house and grabbed the backyard house. I made the water a little warm since it was getting chilly. I rinsed off my legs and feet. I was trying to bide my time. 

I had nothing left to do, I was just about to walk in the door, when I hear feet behind me.

I turned quickly, afraid .

"Wha -" 

"Hello." said one of the deepest voices I've ever heard. It was almost over powering.

I didn't say anything, I was litterally frozen with fear. A million thoughts were rushing through my mind, I looked up at the looming figure above me. It was a little dark and I couldn't see him well because his face was slightly shaded , but I knew something really bad was about to happen.