Chapter 5

Once the agent, who turned out to be Derek Morgan, finally left me alone I prepared to go through my plan. I pulled out my phone and dialed my best friends number by heart. He picked up on the first ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Seth!" I said brightly, walking down the sidewalk.

"Hey Alex. Where were you today? I missed you in first period."

"Ah I was running a little late. So dude I gotta know, are you doing anything tonight?"

"Um, that depends on what you have planned out."

I laughed. Typical Seth. "I am thinking a party or just walking around town. You in?"

He sighed. "I guess so... Do you want to meet up somewhere?"

"Seth, I'm outside your house." I laughed as he turned to look out the window and waved to him.

"Just give me a second." He hung up the phone and disappeared from his room. He was out of the house in a matter of minutes. "Hey you." He grinned.

I rolled my eyes. "Hey yourself."

"Alright spill, why weren't you at school?" He asked as he shoved me playfully.

"I was at school." I replied honestly.

"You weren't there first period."

I sighed. "Okay, I got arrested."

He stopped and stared at me. "What did you do?"

I chuckled. "I went to a fight club and the police raided the place. They were gonna let me go but I swung at Evan."

"Why'd you go and do that for?"

I shrugged. "He was being Evan."

He nodded. You see Seth is like me. A foster kid, but he was put up for adoption when he was younger. He had a few rough homes, but now he has a great place where they truly love him. He deserves them.

We walked around town aimlessly and before we knew it, it was dark out. "When do you have to go home?" I asked kicking at the sidewalk.

He shrugged as he checked his watch. "Lets give it a few more hours."

I smiled. "Thanks Seth."

"Hey, you needed this. What are friends for!"

******

He stalked behind them waiting and waiting. He wanted the moment to be perfect. As perfect as her smile. Sadly he wouldn't get to see that smile again.

His fist tightened each and everytime he laid his eyes on that boy. That should be him. She deserved better than that Seth boy.

He grinned as the boy checked his watch. That's right. Leave. Let him have his turn with her.

Anger coursed through his body when the boy said he could stay a few more hours. He had been waiting long enough. He couldn't put off his plans any longer. It was time. His time.

He ran at the boy as flipped out his knife. He smiled at the sucking sound the blade made as he pulled it out of the boy's side. She stared at her hurt friend, catching him before he fell.

Her face was covered with worry. "Seth!"

The man laughed at her and went to tackle her. She was too fast for him and easily slipped away. She fought back. She fought faster and stronger then the rest of them ever did.

He had underestimated her. The boy Seth stirred, swaying as he tried to get to his feet. The man stabbed him again, three times.

The girl attacked him from behind. Wrapping her arms around his neck. He laughed at her and swiped his blade across her arms. She dropped away from him.

The man spun around and was struck across the face. He wasn't properly prepared. This is how mistakes are made he reminded himself. He needed to leave before that happened. So he did. He took off down the street.

******

"Seth!" I dropped to my knees and pulled his head into my lap. I fumbled with my phone and dialed 911.

"911 operator, what is your emergency?" A calm voice asked.

My voice shook with panic and anger. The one person I cared about was dying. "M-my friend... w-we were attacked... Please he needs help!!"

"Okay, ma'am we're on our way. Just stay on the..."

My phone beeped and died. I was at the station all weekend and didn't get to charge it. "Of course!" I yelled to the empty streets.

I looked down at Seth and pulled off my sweater. I folded it over sloppy and pressed it down on his stomach. I covered his bleeding side with my free hand. "I'm so sorry Seth. I'm so sorry. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have asked you to come out..." Tears ran down my face. "I promise I will find who did this. I will make them pay..." Sirens cut through the empty air. "Your going to be okay... You'll be okay..." I whispered to him.

"Alex..." Seth passed out just before the paramedics pulled him away from me.

The paramedics took me too. I was so worried about Seth I forgot that our attacker cut me too. Everything was so slow.

The ambulance took off. They took Seth away from me again. They bandaged my arms. They asked me questions I couldn't answer. It all took too long and no one had anything to say about Seth.

And then the agents showed up. I just couldn't get away from them. Those agents just pop up everywhere.

Hotch came up and sat in the chair next to me. I pulled my knees to my chest and rocked slightly. "Hi." I greeted him weakly.

"Hello."

I rested my head on my knees and looked at him. I felt so awkward. I was just sitting here trying not to have a panic attack, hood over my head and knees drawn to my chest. I bet I was a sight to see. "Did you find him...?"

"No, not yet. Alex, did you get a good look at the person that attacked you? Maybe you could give a discription of them?"

"I didn't see him... He just came out of no where and attacked... He attacked Seth..." My voice cracked. "All I know is that it was a guy and he tried to grab me... Do you think it is the man you're looking for...?"

"It's possible... Have you noticed anything unusual? Maybe a person following you or a strange vehicle outside."

I shook my head. "I haven't been home in  four days. I don't really think I can after what happened on Friday."

Hotch chuckled. Wait what? Did he really just chuckle? "He deserved it, but sometimes that isn't a good enough reason to do something like that."

"I guess..." To be honest I know he is right but at the same time I'm glad I did it. "Is Seth going to be okay?"

He gave me a serious look. "He should be just fine." I nodded, relief washing over me. "You care about Seth a lot, don't you?"  

 "Yeah, he's all I have. Nobody else really gets what we are going through... I shouldn't have had him walk with me." I looked down at my shoes.

"I think Seth being there is the only thing that prevented you from getting taken... Aside from you defending yourself that is... We don't know if he is going to try and do this again. No one has gotten away before."

"But you don't know if it's the guy you're looking for..." I replied quietly.

"He is definitely on the top of our list. Don't worry we'll catch this guy."

"I know." Honestly I believed they will but even still, I have my doubts.

******

Hello again. What do you think of the story so far? Vote or Comment :D