Chapter 9

I rocked awkwardly in the chair next to Seth's bed. "We got the guy, Seth..." I waited a moment before continuing. "They are going to make sure he never sees daylight again..." Seth didn't even stir. "I miss you..."

There was a small laugh and I jumped from the chair and smacked him. Had the nurse been in here she would have tore me into two. "You JERK!"

Seth sat up slowly and stared at me. "Have you been crying?"

"No." I said quickly, ducking.

"Liar..."

I hit him again. "Like you've got room to talk."

"I do!" He stretched out. "Look at all this rooooom!" He leaned forward and whipped his pillow at me.

I laughed and ducked. The pillow made a thump as it hit someone else. I spun around to see Morgan. "Oops!" I went to grab the pillow but Morgan already had it.

Morgan grinned and threw it back at Seth, not too hard since he was still in the hospital. "What's going on in here?" He asked playfully.

Seth and I shrugged. "Friendly bonding." Seth said wiggling his eye brows.

Morgan rolled his eyes. "Sure, I came to talk to you guys..."

I held up a hand. "No offense, but I really don't want to hear anything about what happened... I just want to move on."

Seth looked at me and then at Morgan. "Please, continue. My friend here doesn't know what she is talking about... She'll go nuts if she doesn't get to know why this guy did all of this."

Morgan pulled up a chair and sat down, so I dropped back into my chair as well. Seth could always read me like a book. "Well, here's the thing. He is not talking. We have a theory, but we won't know for sure unless he tells us."

I opened my mouth to speak but Seth cut me off. "That's fine. An idea is better than nothing."

Morgan nodded. "Last year he suffered from a head injury after a motorcycle accident. When he was in the hospital, he would go on and on about his wife. He said she was younger than him, just barely out of high school. But his memory was bad so he couldn't remember her. Every time the doctors had him describe her, it was different. He couldn't remember his wife's name or face. We assume that he went after the women that resembled who he told his doctors about, but we can't know for sure. It's not much to go on..."

"But it's enough. Thank you." I said with a smile.

He nodded and stood. "I have to go, we're heading back to Virginia tomorrow..."

"Thank you, again. For everything... Thank your team for me." I said as he went to the door.

Just before he left he said one final thing. "It's our job."

Seth looked at me and smiled. "So... I hear you got detention?"

I sighed, somethings just never change.

*****

I hope you guys enjoyed the story... I'm thinking about making another. Same characters but a different case. Also maybe starting it before Alex's father is put into prison... Not sure yet though... Let me know what you think. Vote or comment :)