Part 1: postcards

-LAUREN'S P.O.V -

                I reminisced the past when I was little and mom was still present .
Looking out of the window from the café I was at . Seeing cars pass by with their windshield wiper moving from left to right . The heavy rain blends in with my frame of mind .

Sad and lonely

A tear fell from my right eye . I immediately wipe it off . I snapped back from reality to see a cup of coffee on the right side of the table . I look to my left and a few postcards of America was seen . I look at it and touch it slowly like as if it's fragile . I look out of the window and the sky had been a  postcard-perfect .

Mom I miss you , i sighed .

Every written postcards that my mom would send me had a heart , her signature , her lovely words , my name and her's too . The first postcard she gave me was when she had reached America , she wrote how cold it was there and how she misses daddy , my sister and I . Second one was when she found out that I got straight A's in all my subjects and how proud she is .

She would send me postcards almost every 2 weeks or so and every postcards has a different picture . Pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge ,  statue of Liberty and many more . with that I have cherish postcards more and more .
In total I had around 50 cards from her .

That's probably around 4 years

She flew to America when I was 10 but she died due to a car accident when I was 14 .

4 years without her presence
4 years of sadness
4 years of pain
4 years :(

The last postcard she gave me had to do with love . It said..

My baby Lauren ,
I'm not gonna be with you for long but always keep this in your mind .when you find someone that you love and it loves you back , make sure it's love you fully because ..
" Love is like a bird
If you love it , you should know how to love it no matter what
You take care of it
Then put it in its cage and and love it
You have to love it more and more .
But If it wants to go out of its cage
And it wants to fly far away
You don't stop it
Let it go
And let him fly
And if its true that it loves you
It will go back to you "
Love always <3 miss you and take care anak :)

Love <3 , mommy

[Anak means child in Tagalog ]

Indeed love was like a bird . I have a boyfriend name charles . Our relationship .. Not so relationship . We're always on and off and it's tiring .
Up to this date , we are still together . I have fallen out of love for him but for him he hasn't .

I'm not playing with his heart or anything . He just doesn't want to break up . Which frustrates me because I will always have to be with him in school every second ,minute and hour .
He was known as the bad boy and I was known as the smart chick

I hate it

"Lalubs finally I found you " . I heard a sighed of relieve . That snap me back from reality again .
"Charles what are you doing here ?"

He sat down In Front of me where there was a vacant chair and he let his bag fall from his left shoulder to the ceramic polished grey floor , "what do you mean what am I doing here .. I came to see my lovely girlfriend " he took a big sip of my coffee

"Right.." I drag . I rolled my eyes and put all the postcards properly in my bag

"How about you , What brings you here ?" He asked

Charles .. You and your forever bovine questions .

I rolled my eyes " you should know that this is always my favourite place to go when i think a lot "

"True " , he shrug , "well I better get going lalubs , I have to meet with the guys in 10 . We are going to watch the new action movie "

I didn't reply . Actually what is there to reply?

"Wanna come ? " he ask
I shook my head and smiled
"Well okay whatever , need a ride back home ? " I shook my head again and smiled

"Oh my goodness Lauren ! Can you at least speak , it's like I'm talking to my mom in skype " he sighed

Charles mom is in america too . For all I know is that when I ask about her , Charles gets angry about it . I don't know why . Charles and I made a commitment ; Not to talk about our mothers .

I didn't want to speak . I just didn't have the mood to .

"No I don't need a ride back home and no I don't want to come along with you and your friends . Happy? " I smiled

"Yes . Well I'll text you later " he fixed his shirt and went off .

I slowly took my last 4 sips of the coffee and went off . "What a day" I said As I exit my way out of the coffee place with a drizzling weather . I slowly made my way to the carpark and I unlock my car and headed home .