Prologue

*Nikolai shown above*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smelled her before I saw her. Her usual lavender scented hair was mixed with Dolce and Gabanna, a perfume I had bought her a few weeks ago. Something blue is what it was called, I didn't know for certain. I'd only bought it because it smelled nice and reminded me of her eyes. Beautiful blue eyes.

Her soft hands rested on my shoulders. She bent down to kiss the side of my neck, drawing a sigh from my lips as she began to knead my tense shoulders. Her dainty hands massaged away all my stress and pain gathered from my long day. I reached up to grab her hands from off of my shoulders, and kissed each palm gently. She giggled.

"My God, I love it when you laugh baby." I sighed out, spinning in my swivel chair to face my beautiful wife. I wrapped my hands around her hips, pulling her down so that she was straddling my lap.

"I love you Nikolai." She sighed against my neck, kissing there and up along my jaw, teasing me.

"And I love you." I whispered, breathing in her lavender scented hair and kissing her right shoulder. She stopped to look at me, her brilliant blue eyes gleaming against her tan skin, her waist length brown hair swaying slightly with the motion. She was absolutely gorgeous, and always left me wondering how on earth I had gotten so lucky.

She flashed me a perfect smile before cupping my face in her hands, tracing along my jawline and the apples of my cheeks. Her smooth hands felt like heaven against my stubbly face, causing me to close my eyes in response to her touch.

I sensed her face bending down to meet mine, and I turned my face up awaiting her sweet kiss. When it finally came, I was reminded how completely in love with this woman I was. So gentle, so passionate, completely mine.

She pulled away, and I opened my eyes to find her already staring into mine. So beautiful.

"How was your day Nikolai?" She began, still tracing her smooth fingers against my skin.

"It was okay, nothing exciting happened." I replied nonchalantly, watching her eyes and reveling in her touch.

Her eyes brightened instantly. She smirked slightly, catching herself before she smiled instantly. "What are you thinking, beautiful?" I inquired.

"I could change that." She whispered after a moment, staring at me with those eyes, the ones that told me she was up to no good and I was going to love every second of it.

"And how might you do that?" I challenged, teasing her, before pulling her closer to me in an attempt to kiss her. She dodged it easily before turning her face to peck my cheek, trailing butterfly kisses down my jaw an neck. "Tease." I whispered out. I felt her smile against my neck, satisfied with my reaction.

"So, I ran some errands today." She began, ignoring my comment while sliding her hands down against my throat, unbuttoning my white collar shirt in the process.

"And what kind of errands did you run, baby?" I managed to say calmly as she kissed my throat.

"I went to the store, bought some groceries." She whispered against my throat. "Went to the mall, bought some other stuff..." She trailed kisses down over my chest which was now exposed.

"What other stuff?" I asked, my imagination going crazy. She brushed her fingers against my bare abdomen, stopping at the top of my slacks. She looked at me and smirked.

"I went to a lingerie store." She cocked a teasing eyebrow at me before continuing her trail of teasing kisses over my chest. She stopped at my heart. "Mine." She whispered, kissing over where my heart was.

"Yours." I whispered back, tangling my fingers in her hair. She continued kissing down my body, climbing off of my lap to reach my lower abdomen. "And what did you buy there?" I let out a strained whisper because her lips were almost where I wanted them to be, and I was beyond turned on.

"There's only one way to find out." She whispered against my abdomen, then she placed an open mouthed kiss there, just over the slit of my slacks causing me to let out a groan deep in the back of my throat. Fúck, I was hard. She hardly even did anything!

My God this woman was dangerous!

She stood up before I could get too comfortable with the sight before me, then she turned to leave my study.

"And where do you think you're going?" I inquired, shocked, "I'm still very curious as to what you bought."

"Oh, you'll find out." She teased, glancing over her shoulder. She stopped beneath the door frame, turning to face me and biting her lower lip. "I'm wearing it right now." She teased, cocking an eyebrow. Well, now I'm very interested.

"Oh, are you now?" I chuckled, half out of humor and the other half completely lust absorbed.

"Mhmm." She nodded, staring at me with those eyes again, a wicked smile dancing at the corners of her lips. "Come and get me Nikolai." She teased. Then she took off running bare footed out of my office.

I didn't need to be told twice.

I ran out of my study, discarding my unbuttoned shirt in the process, after my beautiful tease of a wife. She was almost to the bottom of the steps when I caught up with her. She squealed slightly at the surprise of getting caught.

"Nice try blue eyes, I win." I murmured against her neck, kissing and nibbling at the sensitive flesh there. Her squeal turned into a sexy moan, and she angled her head to give me better access to her neck. I took full advantage of the opportunity.

I kept my right arm wrapped around her waist, holding her to me, and let my other hand travel down to grab her hand. I brought it up to my lips, kissing the ring on her finger. "Mine." I whispered against her knuckles.

"Yours." She breathed out. I turned her around to face me, lifting her up effortlessly, never letting her lips leave mine. She wrapped her legs around my waist, kissing me passionately, biting my lip gently. I reciprocated the action, tightening my hold around her waist while her hands found their way into my hair. "Nikolai." She whispered against my neck.

"I know baby, I need you too." I whispered in between kisses across her neck. I quickly carried her upstairs to our bedroom.

Two and a half years later and I was still completely in love with this beautiful woman lying beneath me as I made beautiful love to her. Passionate love. Perfect love.

Love that could have almost not happened.

I thought about it every now and again, how terrible it all was in the beginning. How awful I had been in the beginning. I cringed slightly at the memory, but not enough where she would notice. I didn't need to bring it up again, not to her right now. I didn't like to think of that, and I didn't need to think of that. Not now. That was in the past, and this was my future.

Our future.

I laid down next to her, holding her in my arms, kissing the top of her sweaty, tired little head.

She smiled up at me.

"I love you, Nikolai." She whispered, letting her eyes droop.

"And I love you, beautiful. So much." I whispered back, letting my fingertips trail across her skin.

"So much." She sighed out. She nuzzled closer to me, and I smiled.

"So much. Sleep, baby." I kissed her forehead again. I felt her relax and then I heard her snore lightly.

That's my girl.

I started to drift off myself, just thinking about all the nights we've spent together just like this one. Then, I thought about how nice nights like these might be with a little more clothes, and an extra tiny body in between us, half her, half me.

I smiled at that thought, noting that I would have to bring it up to her tomorrow.

Then, I thought about something else entirely that made me smile in my sleep again.

The lingerie she wore... Oh my God!

I finally did learn what she bought from there. However, she is mine. I wouldn't share that kind of information with anyone