fix you

you walked like the universe placed planets on your shoulders and you were crumbling beneath their weight; the trail of cosmic energy you left behind were tainted with flesh that rolled off from the soles of your feet.

you walked like you've sinned every second of your life and the guilt had finally settled in between the hollow of your bones; your body was more of a confession box than muscle and your heart pumped tears instead of blood.

you smiled like it was meant to be a diversion; so that people didn't notice all the tragedies that lined the contours of your face and the darkness that spilled from your soul.

you smiled like the life in you had shattered into pieces and were skewering you from the inside; you smiled like you were in so much pain but trying to convince everyone else it was fine.

you talked with soft words that sounded harsh and you stared with eyes sunken so deep that they were falling into ruins like shipwrecks. you sighed with a tiredness that could summon ghosts thinking you were one of them. you raged with the silence left behind by a lightning storm.

darling, you had half a heart and part a soul

but I swear to god, I would give you all of me just to see you whole

god, you were so fucking broken. you were so fucking broken

and there was nothing I wanted to do more than fix you.