Not all medicine tastes sweet, but you're likelier to take it, if it does.

A/N: I've chosen to move Jack's origins for the purpose of the story.

Lesson two: Not all medicine tastes sweet, but you're likelier to take it, if it does.

The sweet scent rising from the kitchen, sneaking in through the tiny crack under the door, made the sleeping body rise even though it was much too dark outside. She didn't even notice that she had forgotten to undo her braids and that thanks to it, her hair was less of a mess than it usually was. Her eyes were hurting and as she drowsily slid her feet off the bed onto the cold floor, it was tremendously lucky Anna and her clumsiness made it downstairs with a blanket safely.

Drool was dripping from her mouth, for the brain had registered the delicious intoxicating smell as hot melted chocolate even if she was still half-asleep.

There were two porcelain cups on the kitchen table. She yawned and counted again. It wasn't a trick of light.

Furthermore, they were both filled with the melted good she was certain she had not packed along on her trip (on her first day there, she had cried as she realized she had forgotten it) and besides, she had been asleep... Something in her brain clicked, but it didn't stop the drool trying to slide down her chin.

She helped herself to one of the cups. "It's my place and the intruders had no right to the kitchen anyway," she reasoned with herself, arming herself with a frying pan.

Her cousin's husband had told her how wonderfully good of a weapon it made. Of course, it never occurred to Anna that a knife could have probably proved a little more efficient in her attempts to scare the strangers off.

Chocolate really must have been brought from heaven by all those holy angels all those old hand-bound books of her parents had written about. She let out of a happy sigh and closed her eyes, enjoying it utmost. It was certainly worth waking up for. Her eyes moved around the empty kitchen, studying every detail of it. So many things were out of place. There was a fire in the stove and on top of it, a baking tray with cinnamon buns, still warm to touch.

The kitchen was cleaner than she had left it (for example, she hadn't bothered to do the dishes and now there weren't any that were dirty). Something was certainly off about it all. What kind of intruder would enter a stranger's house, make two cups of hot chocolate and a full tray of cinnamon buns (another thing she loved) and clean up her messes? It sounded fishy.

Still, she happily took two of the buns and decided to have breakfast, unaware of the figure sitting in front of her. Eyeing her with a small smile, there was Jack Frost. Invisible to the eyes of non-believers, he was still happy to not be alone at Christmas. Of course, the entire world would have wanted his presence in the shape of White Christmas, but over time, he had grown slightly displeased of running around and raising trouble with icy roads and heavy snow, receiving nothing in return. Obviously, he was going to get in trouble with Santa for it, but then again, now there was this new girl too. He wanted to have fun, it was true. But he didn't want to be alone.

"You know," Anna said, licking off her fingers. "I've no idea who you are or why you came, but you're really good at baking. I bet you're one of the trolls Kristoff sent ahead to take care of me. He was really frightened when I said I was going to come here. You can come out, I won't mind."

She looked around, hoping to see a familiar rock transforming into one of the magic creatures, but nothing happened.

Jack smiled, tracing the cup in front of him with his finger. Minuscule patterns of ice formed on the inner side, nearly touching the hot chocolate. Anna sighed.

"Alright, if you don't want to, then so be it. But thank you for waking me," she said quietly. "I slept horribly. As per usual these days."

Jack leaned in, interested. The girl, as if sensing it, decided to continue.

"I keep seeing this one dream again and again. It's so dark, I can't breathe, I can't move. It feels so cold, as if my heart has been frozen over like the lake a little south from here. There used to be a village here, about a century ago." She smiled sadly.

"My mother told me this story.
Her grandmother was from the village that used to be here. When she was little, she went skating with her older brother once.
Saving her, he fell through ice and never surfaced. My great grandmother never spoke after that. One time, the young prince of Arendelle passed through and fell in love with her."

"I wish I could have a love like that. To save me." Her confession surprised the boy and he smiled even wider. There was something about this girl that made him want to protect her and it made him incredibly happy to know she wished to be protected as well.

"Anna," he whispered, reaching out with his hand. Something stirred in her heart. She closed her eyes, crossed her fingers and hoped a star would fall, as she wished with her entire being for something great to happen. Something cold but soft brushed against her lips and she smiled, keeping her eyes closed for longer, savouring the moment. When she opened them, there was nothing visible to the eye, but she knew, in her heart, that the intruder was there. Except this time, he had intruded her heart.

Jack held her breath, eyes wide in pleasant shock. He had no idea how he'd managed to get on top of the table and not spill a single drop of hot chocolate in a few seconds, as his lips had found hers.

Comment And vote and Please follow me XD