Your heart will always have something to say.

Lesson four: Your heart will always have something to say.

It was the day before summer solstice. The eve to ward off evil spirits and heal. Anna was dressed in a simple linen dress, although the days were not as warm as she wished they would be.

She had decided to join the festivities of the common folk, unlike many of her predecessors. However, Anna was very keen on learning about the traditions of her people.

"You look gorgeous!" exclaimed one of the town girls she had got to know relatively well. A lot of people were still reserved about her escapades, but Emily refused to be someone else, even if it was for the sake of her homeland and Anna didn't mind that at all. "Better than all those fancy-pancy dresses, I dare say!"

Anna giggled, twirling around. The dress did suit her, but it was hardly ever when something didn't. Emily's mother had made it herself. Although plain, there were a few cornflowers stitched on the edges of it.

Anna found it amazing how some people had so much talent at such things. Emily said it wasn't talent. In her opinion, it was years and years of practise. After all, she was only the youngest of her eight siblings.

"Thank your mother again for me, will you?" Anna said, touching the blue flowers with her fingers.

"Of course." Although the princess had offered to pay for the dress, her family had refused to accept the money despite the difficulties they had had in winter. Many people in the village had been ill and one or two had even fallen through the thin ice. At least once, it had been Anna who had dived to save the little kids, who had dared to test the waters, scaring half the population of the country in the process.

"So, will you go picking the flowers?" Emily asked once Anna was done admiring her dress. She was implying to the tradition of the nine flowers. Unmarried women had to collect nine different blossoms and place them under their pillows, so that they could see their one true love in their sleep, or throw them into a lake to see the reflection of their love in the water. However, once they had collected all flowers, they were not allowed to speak.

"Probably not," Anna said with a solemn smile. "I'm going to be married in a few months. There's no reason to confuse my heart."

"With Hiccup? Please, Anna!" Emily snorted. "What you two have is a very lovely friendship, but trust me, you two are so not in love." Anna didn't answer.

Frost was covering the floor in less than a second after the staff slammed against it. Other guardians eyed Jack carefully, as he trashed the North Pole. They had never seen him so disturbed. Finally, he slid down the door, hugging his legs closer to him and hiding his face.

"I make a mess of everything," he whispered in agony. Nobody knew what he was talking about.

"Jack?" It was the Tooth Fairy who approached him first. The boy ignored him. "What did you mean by that?" Again, there was no reply.

"I bet it's about that girl he's been seeing," Bunny said bluntly. Jack sent an icy stream towards him which he casually ducked, but which ended up destroying some of Santa's furniture. "Yup, no doubt about that."

"Is she okay?" the Tooth Fairy asked and Jack groaned.

"She can't see me anyway, is there any difference?" avoiding looking her in the face. "Yes, she's fine and well no thanks to me."

"Jack," it was Sandy who had got completely serious.

"If you don't tell us what's bothering you, then we can't help you. And you came here voluntarily." The last one was a brilliant point.

Jack breathed deeply in and sighed.

"If I stay with her, I will end up hurting her."

"How?" Sandy demanded, putting a hand gently on his shoulder. Jack stared at his hands without reply. "Are you implying your magic will be of harm to her?" The blond nodded.

"But think how much good you do with your power!" Tooth Fairy exclaimed. "Children love you!" Jack didn't bother to tell her how none of them really believed in him.

"I nearly killed her," he admitted, exaggerating what had really happened. Every night since their formal meeting, he had been illustrating her windows with beautiful images of the things he had seen.

One time, a stray thread of magic slipped under the window and nearly hit her. If it had, it would have been barely strong enough to send shivers down her spine and wake her. Yet it was the more terrifying that it hadn't hit her. Jack was haunted by all the what-ifs.

"Then, if you really care about her, maybe you should just leave her alone," Bunny suggested. It hit Jack hard in the heart, but he felt it was the right thing to do. He dried his tears and with a shrug, he grabbed his staff and left to hide somewhere else in Santa's factory. That was the night there were no more decorations on Anna's window.

"Did you stop decorating my window because it's officially summer now?" Anna asked cheekily at breakfast. Elsa put down her utensils and looked at her in surprise.

"I never drew anything on your window."

"No way!" Anna exclaimed. "There's absolutely no way these pictures got there without your magic!"

"I can assure you that it wasn't me," Elsa almost smiled. "Maybe it was your guardian Jack?" That shut Anna up. She hadn't seen him ever since his abrupt leaving from the spring ball. It had been many full moons, but he had not appeared. It angered her to the depths of her heart. As much as she wanted to see him again, all she wanted was to forget.

Later that day, she recounted the story to her friend Emily.

"Go and get him, girl!" the town girl yelled at her, as soon as she was done. "See, that's what I was talking about earlier. You do have someone in your mind and your heart. I bet you haven't had a day when you didn't think of him." She laughed, when Anna's face confirmed her thoughts.

"I don't know how to find him," she shook her head, although she looked eager to go. "I don't know his full name, where he could stay... Anything!"

"Frost," Emily laughed even harder. "If you're saying this guy is a guy of a legend, then the only Jack I could think of is the infamous Jack Frost our children are warned about."

Anna's mouth was agape. She had spent months pondering about his identity and here, Emily had figured it out in mere seconds.

"And if I had to guess who other guardians are, my best guess is that at least one of them is Santa Claus, who as you know lives..."

"On the North Pole!" Anna's eyes widened. She jumped up and ran back to the castle. "Thanks, Emily! You're a gift from the gods!"

Emily smirked, letting on that she knew more than she was talking about.
--------
A/N;I don't own the Character
Thanks for reading (Add to your library vote and comment Thanks ) :)