Be kind and have courage.

A/N: Enjoy!

Lesson three: Be kind and have courage.

Winter was breaking. Although it was hardly noticeable, the girl gazing out of the window was acutely aware of the melting snow and the few budding snowdrops on the grounds that were already freed of the cold and white. But the sky was still grey.

A bird pecked on the window, jerking Anna from her daze. At the same time, the door to her chambers opened and in came servants, carrying the fancy dress Elsa had had made for her. There was going to be the celebration tonight. It had almost slipped from her mind.

"It's ready!" She exclaimed, rushing forward to it. She grabbed the gown and spun with it, letting it sparkle like it was designed to. Each new dress she got, was at least a thousand times prettier than the last one. The fabric was soft and elegant, the white bodice smoothly turning into light green. It was laced with white pearls and crystals, giving it a look of utter elegance and spring.

"I'm glad you like it," said her sister, placing a dark green coat on Anna's bed. She had entered after the servants, knowing Anna wouldn't even try to hold her excitement in. "It's lightweight, because I know how much you enjoy running around and playing with the children." The ball was open to everyone, regardless of their wealth or status.

It had never crossed the queen's mind to forbid the citizens of her country coming, although so many of her counsellors had been against it. They had all been promptly assigned to other positions.

"It's brilliant!" Anna dropped it on the bed and hugged her sister tightly. Elsa patted her on the back, unsure how to react to such affections. The strawberry blonde was used to it. Her sister had always been a little bit more reserved than any of the other girls she knew, but of course, now she also knew the reason.

The girls stayed together for a while longer, until the queen had to attend a meeting she had called for. Even though it was a day of celebration, the kingdom of peace was threatened by war. But vikings, despite their ruthlessness, were not too difficult to persuade. She was lucky the representative of Hairy Hooligans' tribe seemed to desire this war as little as she did. If all were to go well, they too would attend the party.

Jack Frost enjoyed the view. It was once again full moon and it was most pleasurable watching it from so high. Although he could have gone even higher, capturing the tips of the castle's towers, there was a reason he had chosen this particular balcony. He was hoping to see someone.

The doors behind him were closed, but he could still hear the clinking of glasses and the never-ending chatter from the inside. He had considered joining them, but had decided against it, afraid of the disappointment and rejection. When he had arrived, Jack had seen her smiling at this fella her sister had introduced her to and now they had been dancing almost the entire evening.

The doors opened and as if not by coincidence, it was her. Princess Anna of Arendelle waltzed in, free of her company, and leaned over the edge. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" he murmured, seeing her stare at the full moon.

"Yes, indeed it is," she whispered back, turning to face him. Jack's already dead heart seemed to come back to life. She examined him from head to toe, but was unable to recognize him. Elsa had introduced her to all of the Hairy Hooligans and she had found them madly entertaining. It was obvious this young man was of another world.

"I'm Anna," she introduced herself, extending her hand. Jack accepted it and brought it gracefully to his lips, placing a cold kiss on her knuckles. Shivers ran down her spine, but she was entranced.

"Jack," he gave his name shakily, still not believing she could see him.

"I love it how the snow gleams under the moonlight," she admitted, turning back to gaze over the grounds. "Kind of like your hair."