Six

"Ty! Breakfast!" My eyes snap open at my mothers words. I get to my feet and slide a sweatshirt over my head before heading inside to the kitchen. To my surprise, I see Josh sitting at the table staring impatiently at his food.

I slide into my chair just as the doorbell rings. Not bothering to look up, I slide my sleeves to the palms of my hands to cover the damage I had done. When I finally look up I glance to my right and see Gray sitting next to me. "Oh, this is Gray. I invited her over for the day." Maddy says with a smile as my eyes make connect with Grays. Her eyes lined with a thick layer of black.

---

After everyone had finished their food, we sat talking for awhile until Grays phone started ringing on the table. I watched her hand intently as she reached for her phone on the table. As I examined her hand, my eyes traveled up and caught glimpse of her slightly exposed wrist. Fresh. What reason would she have to defile herself? Cover every inch of her wrist in wounds? She seems so perfect. So happy. What is she hiding under her act? I'm snapped out of my thoughts as she stands from the table. "There's a sale at hot topic. Anyone in?" She glances down at me and I just nod my head.

Maddy can't go. She has basketball today. So it looks like it's just me, Gray, and Josh.