CH 1

Title: Sunflowers
Author: limnological
Rating: PG
Pairing: JeTi

"Do you ever get sick of dyeing your hair blonde?"

It's a genuine question that falls from Tiffany's lips as her hand runs through Jessica's hair. She uses her free hand to prop against the couch's armrest. The blonde has her head resting on the brunette's lap, eyes closed. She is hoping to take a quick nap as they sit on the couch, lazing about on a Sunday afternoon.

"No."

Tiffany smiles in reply, the silence causing Jessica to crack one eye open.

"Are you sick of seeing it?"

"Not at all. I can spot you from a mile away quite easily."

The corner of Jessica's mouth tugs upward as she closes her eye again.

"When you get tired of it, please let me know."

Tiffany's fingers loosely twirl a few locks of her girlfriend's hair.

"I think of sunflowers sometimes when I see it."

This is enough to stir Jessica a bit more awake, but her eyes are still shut.

"Why?"

"Sunflowers are warm and cheery."

"Because that's totally me." Jessica deadpans as her eyes open.

Tiffany laughs and brings her hand that was playing with Jessica's hair up to her cheek. She caresses it softly, brown orbs locked onto Jessica's.

"You give me warmth that no clothing, bed sheet, or blanket can provide."

--