Suprises

Tiffany places the keys on the counter and shuts the door behind her as she enters their small house.

"Jessi?"

The echo of the rooms is enough to tell her that Jessica is not home. Strange, because she should be.

She walks past the living room and scans the house for her girlfriend's whereabouts. The backdoor has been left ajar and this causes Tiffany some confusion.

She makes her way to their poorly kept garden and stares at the back of a crouched certain someone.

Jessica wipes her forehead and drops her gardening tools. She stands up and rubs the dirt off her hands. A familiar embrace from behind lets her know that her home is here.

"Hi."

Tiffany rests her chin atop Jessica's right shoulder.

"Hi. What are you doing?"

Jessica Jung is no gardener.

"You'll see."

"Can I make a guess?"

"No, it will ruin the surprise."

"It's hardly a surprise." A cheeky grin appears on Tiffany's face.

"Surprises were never my forte." Jessica mumbles as Tiffany presses her smile against the other girl's ear.

They both know they are thinking about the same thing. Jessica had once tried to surprise her with a homemade full course meal for dinner, only to have burnt everything, resulting in some take out and an embarrassing story.

"No. No, they never were. Are you ready for dinner?"

"Yes."

Tiffany releases her hold on Jessica and holds her hand out for her. She smiles widely as she notices the speck of dirt on Jessica's forehead.

"Let's get you cleaned up first."

Tiffany crouches down and picks up a towel off the ground. Using the clean side, she wipes at Jessica's forehead and the sweat that Jessica has worked up from gardening.

Jessica laughs because she is not a child. She does not need help cleaning herself. But she is always welcome to Tiffany's coddling.

--