The Darkness of the Full Moon

Chapter 14

The sound of my ringing phone made me wake up than the usual time, it's still dark outside for there is still no illuminating light coming from the sun. I yawned as I sit up and took my phone that is still ringing from the bedside table.

"Hello..this Valeria speaking"

"Ria?" A man's voice answered at the end of the line. I quickly recognize that sweet husky voice.

"Will?, what can I do for you?" I asked him. His phone was silent for a few seconds but then I spoke up "Will?, Are you still on the line?"

"Oh..yes!, I mean yes I'm still here. I didn't wake you right?" He asked me. I am actually imagining him scratching his head while he was talking to me for he always does that every time.

"No Will, I am actually awake a few minutes before you called" I lied. I can't tell him the truth for if I do that, he won't tell me the reason why he called.

"Hehe...Well it's good to know that I didn't bother you while you are still sleeping, but I want to ask you a big favor.."

"Well if it's not about seeing another dead animal I'll be willing to help.. " I said to him. He knew how I hate when looking at dead animals. I shed a tear every time.

"No..I was actually asking you if you can stay with my wife and child for the weekend. I am not that confident leaving them on their own, you know what I mean?"

"Of course I know Will, I understand and I'll be delighted to accompany them for I will make this an opportunity to get to know Molly and your kiddo"

"Really? Oh you're such a lifesaver Ria, i owe you big time. What can I do for you in return?"

"I like to see the lost city of Atlantis" I said trying to hold my laugh and he just groaned.

"Or you could just buy me a box of pizza on the way" I finally laugh which later made Will laugh too.

"Well Ria, it's a deal..."

"Well see you in a few minutes Will"

I then clicked the end call button and started to pack a bag. Its just a two day vacation Valeria, I said to myself. What could happen.

A few minutes later, Will arrived with his car and I quickly get in. I was actually battling myself whether I will call Hannibal about this little vacation but I've just decided that he won't find about this anyway so I didn't bother.

----------------

Hours later, we arrived at a beautiful cabin where I can see a beautiful woman with a little man. Will then parked the car near the cabin. I then got out and was welcomed by the mother and son.

"Hello, I'm Molly and if I'm correct you must be Valeria?" Molly said as she offers her hand.

"Yes, I'm Valeria but please call me Ria instead" I then took her hand with mine and we shake hands.

"Oh, and this is our son.." Molly said and I look at young man.

"Hello kiddo, I heard from a little bird that you like video games?"

"Hmm...yes I do"

"Well you know what...I will give you something later, so you can add it on your video game collection" After I said that, the boys face quickly lighted up and smiled.

"Thank you Aunt Rita" The boy said and hug me. I smiled at this.

"Come, let us go inside I've prepared a special stew just for you Ria" Molly said as she started to walk. I then took his son's hand and went inside the cabin.