Chapter 8

A/N- The picture above is Dana. She's so adorable! Comment, Like, Follow! Thanks guys!

Hugs and kisses,

Heather Daze
•••••••••••••

"...how did you make that crazy flip into the lake?"

I blushed, embarrassed about what I thought he was about to say.

"Oh, uh, I, um, had a rope swing at a lake at one of my vacation houses in upstate New York and me and my friend Mimi Redd..."

"Wait! Is she the owner of Redd Pharmacies?"

"Well, her parents are. Anyway, we would always do tricks and stuff off that rope."

"Cool. To be honest, I thought you were gonna wimp out and not jump at all."

I playfully pushed his arm and we laughed.

"Well, uh, my mom said just to come down to the diner when we were done hanging out. Our chef, Herman Banks, makes the best burgers in town!"

"Alright," I said laughing and we decided to walk to the diner.

"Ugh, Lynn! You have to learn to ride a bike."

"Fine, you can teach me then."

"Now that will be a challenge."

We finally got to the diner. Aunt Renée and Uncle Ethan were in the back helping cook and clean and everything.

Russell gave me some kind of meat.

"What is this?" I asked.

He sighed, "Just eat it. Do you think I would poison you?"

"Well, I've only known you for about 2 days, so I dunno."

"Eat it!" he told me.

"That's what she said," I joked and he rolled his eyes, "Ugh! Fine! I'll eat it!"

I took a bite out of the meat and it was so delicious and lean. I moaned and asked, "What is this steak of heaven?"

"Deer meat."

"Mmmm! No wonder those people killed Bambi's mom!"

"Wait! No 'Ew!' and spitting it out? I thought all girls hated the thought of eating Bambi's mom! Where is the enjoyment for me in seeing you eat that deer?" he fake pouted.

"Hahaha! Suck it up. I love meat! Allll meat!" I laughed and finished devouring the heavenly food.

Russell shook his head.

Aunt Renée then walked in from the kitchen.

"Hey Lynn! How are you doing?" She asked, then gave me a hug and a peck on the cheek.

"I'm great Aunt Renée!"

"Good! Well, we can go home soon. I see you ate all that deer! Your dad loved deer, too."

"My dad?"

"Yes! He loved it! Alright, well, it's getting late, so you two can head home."

"Thanks ma. See you later."

"No problem Russell. See you two in like a half hour. 'Kay?"

"Alright," we said then scurried out the door.

In front of a weird building with boarded up windows, Russell said, "I'll be right there, Lynn. I just gotta do something quick. Just wait right here."

"Um, ok," I said and he went to the back of the building.

It was about 20 minutes later, when he still didn't come back, when I went to the back of the building. I saw him making out with some girl, who had really long bleach blonde hair. His arms were up her shirt.

I tried to get away as quickly as possible, but I tripped and squealed. Russell stopped what he was doing. Barbie glared at me and asked Russell, "Who the fúck is she? Are you cheating on me Russell? What the fúck? I thought we were something special!" She started crying.

"Penelope! She's just a friend! Calm down!" Russell told her, then he came and helped me up. I had just been friend zoned.

Barbie aka Penelope laughed and said, "Omg! I literally thought Russie was cheating on me! Lol! I'm Penny!"

"Oh, uh, hi. Um, sorry for, ya know, interrupting you," I said flustered.

"Omg! It's tots fine! Ttyl Russie!" Barbie said then kissed "Russie" on the cheek and skipped down the dark alleyway.

"Well, she was bipolar," I stated once she was out of earshot.

"Yeah..." Russell said. If it wasn't so dark, I probably would've seen him blushing, "We've been dating for like 4 years, and I'm scared to break up with her, since her dad's the sheriff and he'd probably find a way to make my life miserable."

"That sucks," I said.

"Yeah. Lets go home."

"Ok."