CHAPTER FORTY TWO: Hangover

Yanny

I open my eyes and touch my aching head. I have a terrible headache.

I sit up and grunted.

"Ouch." I said while rubbing my aching temples.

I felt a little cold. It felt like the air is touching my bare skin. I look down and saw that I am only wearing my bra and the love potion is dangling on my chest. Where on earth did my shirt go?

I stand up hastly due to panic then I stepped on something on the floor. My eyes widened as I pick up Byron's suit. My memory was flooded with all the events that happened last night. I shriek and threw the suit away and covered my hanging wide open mouth.

"Oh....my....god." I said with a gasp. "What have you done Yanica Therese?"

I remember everything. I remember the kiss. I can feel my cheeks turning hot then someone knocks on the door.

"Hoy babaeng kwago! Gising ka na ba?" Byron shouted behind the door.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" I said in a panicky tone as I look at the door. I don't want to see him right now!!!! Nakakahiya!!!

He knocks on the door again. "Yanny? Gumising ka na! Gutom na ako. Where's my breakfast?!" He exclaimed.

"Oo bababa na po!"

I hurried to the bathroom to fix myself. I look at myself in the mirror.

Give me love Byron that familiar line just entered my mind again.

I flinched then I started stomping my feet.

"Stupid Yanny! Stupid stupid stupid!" I said quite annoyed with myself. I am not really good with any drinks with alcohol in it. I have low tolerance to alcohol and I always end up putting it all in my brain instead in my stomach.

And that kiss....

I grunted again. I can still taste his mouth. Why on earth did he answered it anyways? Sya ang matino dapat sya ang gumawa ng paraan para di natuloy yung halik na yun.

I stride right outside the bathroom and walk towards the door. Pagbukas ko bumulaga agad sa harapan ko si Byron and he is grinning from ear to ear. Napaatras ako because he is way too close.

"Goodmorning." He said but I can clearly hear a teasing tone in his voice.

"Goodmorning." I monotonously said then hinawi ko sya sa dadaan ko and I went downstairs. I can feel Byron following me.

Pagdating sa kusina I focused on coooking to forget the awkard feeling I have knowing that Byron is just behind me.

I heard him flipping the magazine pages and it gave slight relief to know that he is focusing his attention to something else. I just hope he never brought out that topic I am dreading since I woke up this morning.

The topic about the kiss.

I am so humiliated with myself hindi ko yata magagawang magdahilan ng maayos when he asks me about it.

Please Lord help me with this.

Byron

I studied Yanny behind the newspaper I am pretending to read. She just stood there by the stove frying some bacon and eggs.

I look at her from head to toe. I smiled. After seeing her at the Garcia's party and after what she showed me last night I am quite pretty sure what's under those baggy pyjamas she wears all the time.

I returned my gaze on the newspaper. Remembering everything last night stirs up something in me. I am beginning to think that I am still intoxicated with her kiss or am I the one having a hangover right now because of it?

Bigla akong nalungkot. One part of remembering everything last night was also realizing how awful I was to completely forgot that it was her birthday and I missed having dinner with her. Another thing that also keeps on bugging me all night is how did she found out about me and Helena?

"Yanny." I called.

"Y-yes?" She asks habang nakatalikod parin sa akin.

"About last night."

I saw her getting tensed. "What about it?" She nervously asks me.

"I am sorry for missing dinner. Hindi ko talaga sinasadya."

"It's nothing." Matipid nyang sagot. Hindi pa din sya tumitingin sa akin.

"I like to make it up to you. Dinner is on me later. Where do you want to eat?" I eagerly ask her. Gusto to talagang bumawi.

"Hindi mo na kailangan pang gawin yun Byron. It's just a stupid birthday dinner anyway." Yanny said with a hint of bitterness in her voice.

I stand up then I walk towards her pagkatapos I turned her around to face me. She quickly evaded my eyes.

"Nagtatampo ka ba sa akin?" I ask with smile. Yanny moves away from me.

"Bakit naman ako magtatampo? Ano ako bata?" She scoffed. By the tone of her voice alam kong naiinis na sya sa akin.

"I may not have eaten dinner with you but at least I gave you a wonderful present." I said then I wink at Yanny when she looks back at me. She looks at me with confused face. "Gift? What gift?" Naguguluhan nyang tanong sa akin. I sheepishly smile at her then I tap my lips using my index finger. Yanny's eyes widened then her face started becoming red.

"Give me love Byron." I whispered to her ears. She angrily hits me with a wooden ladle. Hinimas ko yung masakit kong braso after the impact.

"I was drunk you asshole!" She shouted at me.

"You were all over the place. You even stripped in front of me. Geesh! I never thought you would be that much attracted to me." I teased making her more angrier and her face more redder.

"You stupid jerk!" She exclaimed. Hahanpasin na sana ulit nya ako ng sandok but I was able to grab her arm.

"What the?!" Yanny said then she raised her other arm to hit me again but tulad nung nauna I was also able to grab it.

I put her arms behind her then I pulled her towards me until our faces are only inches apart. She squirmed and tried to escape but I didn't allow her.

"Let me go Byron!" She demanded.

"Are you falling for me already babaeng kwago?" I ask her. It was a joke. Gusto ko lang syang lalong inisin.

Yanny's eyes widened. "Ang kapal mo naman Arevalo! Ang yabang mo din ano?! At bakit naman ako ma-iinlove sayo? You are nothing but a shallow, egoistic, stupid jerk who likes to prey on brainless women na walang breeding!" She snarled at me.

I find it really amusing to stare at her annoyed face. She is just like before. Her glasses always tilts and somewhat fall down a little when she is mad.

I grab both her hands using my left hand so I could free my right to fix her tilted eyeglasses.

"Can you say it again?" I ask her.

"Say what? That you are nothing but a shallow, egoistic, stupid jerk who likes to prey on brainless women without breeding?" She said with narrowed eyes.

I grin at her. "No. Not that." I said tenderly then I cup her chin and lifted it up. I like the way her lips tremble before my very eyes. My shy, timid, untamed owl.

"Say the words Give me love Byron one more time." I gently said then I started lowering my face to hers.