{chapter 2}Hello Phlox

Who in the world would be knocking on my door at 3 o'clock in the morning. I walk fast when I hear a baby crying. I open the door and see a black car speed away. I look down and I gasp. It's a baby!!! What the hell?!! I notice and see a enevolpe and it says 'To Her New Parents'. They were leaving her, I quickly grab the handle of the black basket and carefully bring the baby inside. She opens her eyes and reaches for my face. I notice the gold bracelet. I turn it over it's says 'Phlox' in white carving. Her name is Phlox. I rock her slowly and grab the note. I open it.

Dear New Parents,
I know this is sudden that I leave a baby at your door step, but I want the baby to be with someone who will love her. I am not a fit mother for her and her father my husband is not happy about her. I found out I was pregnant with her on April 25. I was 3 months. I thought that my husband was happy with this, but I thought wrong. He was furious. He lost his job and I was unemployed because I didn't finish high school and never went to college. I wanted to live my life with Darren even though I was 18 and he was 23. We got married 2 years after I dropped out of high school. We were so happy together. But I messed up and got knocked up. I am begging you to take care of her. I am not a fit parent to take care of her. Please give her a new beginning and show her the way a girl is suppose to grow. Me and my husband are leaving Canada and will never come back. thank you for accepting her. Her birth certificate and other needed information are there. Please give her the life she needs.

P.S. I love you baby girl. Grow up and be better than your mother. I love you so much. Please remember me.

Love your mother,

Mariah Gildarb

I cry and look at the baby. She is asleep. Lay the letter down and walk to my room.

"Hello I am Mrs. Heather Collins." I lay her down and lay behind her. My husband was away at a bachelor party for his friend Flex. I slowly start to drift to sleep. I can't wait to tell my husband the good news. I plan to keep the baby.
"Goodnight Phlox"

~~~~~~~14 years later~~~~~~~

"Mommy I did it , I painted my college painting". I hold up the painting and look at mommy from around the painting. I drew the mountains and sky. Mom said I was great at painting so she brought me a paint set for my 4th birthday.

"that's beautiful Baby. Let me hang it up on the wall in a frame. Daddy would love to see it."
I watch her put it on the counter.

"I like how the mountains are painted to look faded in the distance. "

I am a graduated student of high school so I can stay here because there are no college around this village.
O

oops did I forget to tell you. My parents are vampires, but I am sadly human. My mom didn't want me to find out that my real mom and dad was gone. She told me that was a perfect opportunity for her and my dad. I am thankful. She shouldn't have left the note in sight. But it's ok at least I have parents. I love them.

"dad is home". I look at the door.

"DADDY"