Chapter 8 - The Big Apple

*DECEMBER 30TH*

“Oh my gosh.” Naomi said as she went down the airplane aisle, pulling her suitcase behind her. “I’ve never flown first class before. I feel so… chic.”

Louis smirked. “I forgot you’re not used to this whole ‘star treatment,’ thing. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.”

“Not used to it at all.” Naomi said, as she stopped at our seats. She picked up the carry-on luggage she had and tried to lift it up into the overhead compartment.

“Here I got it.” Louis said as he immediately reached for her bag, stuffing it into the compartment himself. After he did the same thing with our carry-on baggage, I tugged at his shirt.

“Yes Tommy?” he asked, looking down at me.

“Can I sit in the window seat?” I whispered, holding my hand at the side of my mouth so the other passengers wouldn’t hear me.

He smiled and bent down so his face was closer to mine. “Would I have it any other way, Tommo?”

I smiled and jumped into the seat I claimed. My father sat in the seat next to me, leaving Naomi with the aisle seat.

“Oh, I love flying first class already!” Naomi exclaimed. “These seats are to die for! And the leg room… I may never ride coach again!”

Louis laughed. “You’re right. I guess I take those things for granted since I ride it so often. Did you also know that it’s a massaging chair?”

He reached over and pushed a small button on the arm of her chair. He watched as her face turned from surprise, into enjoyment, into pure relaxation.

“How long did you say this trip was again?” she asked in a very peaceful stupor.

“About six hours.”

“Oh, that sounds perfect. I feel like I could live in this chair…”

She reached into her oversized purse and pulled out the latest issue of Cosmopolitan and her iPod.

“Cosmo?” Louis asked, an eyebrow raised.

“What? I read it for the articles, not for…” she flipped to the cover. “’101 Ways to Get the Perfect Orgasm.’” she read.

Louis let his mouth drop a bit as he quickly turned to me, wondering if I heard.

“What’s that?” I asked, looking up at him from the picture I was coloring.

“What’s… what, Tommo?” my dad asked nervously.

“An org-asim.”

Naomi hit her face repetitively with the magazine as my dad turned a slight shade of pink. “Uh, nothing you need to worry about yet little man.”

He swiftly turned back to Naomi  his mouth in a thin line. Naomi peeked an eye out from the magazine she was using to hide her face.

Louis shook his head slowly. “You suck.” he mouthed to her.

“Sorry!” she mouthed back.

She put the earphones into her ear and opened up the magazine, trying to avoid Louis' eyes. My father turned back to me, observing my drawing.

“What are you coloring, Tommy?” he asked.

“Us.”

“Us who?”

“You, me and Naomi.” I said, pointing to the three stick figures respectively.

“Oh, I don’t know why I didn’t figure it out before. You drew us all so well, bud.”