Chapter 7

I walked into the Boarding House and put down my bag on the small table that was near the door, Damon and Stefan's car keys were both sitting in the bowl in the middle of the table meaning that they were at home. Making my way into the parlour, I smiled at Damon who was handing out a glass of blood to a shaking blonde who I knew to be Caroline "here," he mumbled as she took the glass and shakily took a swig of O negative.

"I'm still shaking" she muttered as she glanced my way at the same time that Damon did, he pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead as Caroline watched on as she drew in shaking breathes, I moved away from my brother and to the couch to help Caroline calm down, whatever happened to her was enough to make her panic.

"What happened?" Stefan asked as he walked into the parlour, he smiled when he saw I was there comforting the shaking teen vampire, I rubbed her back gently and watched as her breath came out steadier and steadier.

"Go ahead, tell them" Damon said to her before glancing at both Stefan and I with amusement in his eyes "you're both gonna love this" I looked back to Caroline who was now breathing normally.

"I saw Katherine today" Caroline said with a sniffle, her words caused me to freeze, Katherine was here in Mystic Falls and I wanted nothing more then to call Klaus and let him know but I couldn't, he couldn't know about Elena until my brothers were ready to deal with him and he was ready to do what he had to do.

"Where?" Stefan asked, his eyes were glued to my face and actions as I slowly removed my arm from Caroline and began to pace the 100 year old carpet.

"At the Grill" she sniffled again but my mind was racing on how I could get my hands on Katherine without getting into trouble with my brothers, they knew of my dislike for her "I just stopped by to gawk and quasi stalk Matt" she sniffed again at the mention of her ex boyfriend, Damon updated me during one of our many nights drinking at The Grill when I'd made a comment about the cute blonde haired and blue eyed bartender, "he asked me if I wanted a table and I told him that I didn't and was just there to use the bathroom, because I'm an idiot" I cleared my throat causing her to look at me with questioning eyes.

"Skip the teenybopper drama and get to it" I said a little too harshly to the newbie vampire when I stopped pacing, I didn't need to know the whole days lay out just what Katherine was doing and what she wanted.

"She said that I had to deliver a message to you guys," my back locked up and I was about ready to run out the door and hunt the vampire doppelgänger bitch down but as much as I wanted to do that I had to wait and see what would happen next, it was obvious Katherine knew I was looking for her and she probably knew that I was with Klaus while doing it, Katherine had spies everywhere, either compelled or not, she always knew when someone was hunting.

"What was the message?" Stefan asked as Damon rubbed soothing circles on my exposed shoulder blade, I could feel Damon's eyes burning holes into the side of my head but I refused to look at him, my eyes were trained on something invisible in the distance.

"She said 'tell Damon and Stefan that I want the moonstone or I will rip this town apart until it rains blood'" Caroline said probably quoting Katherine directly, which sounded about right, the Katherine I knew from my human life was all about theatrics and threatening to make blood rain from the sky was one that I'd heard her mutter often and the fact that she was after the moonstone meant she was planning something huge, and that could never end well for anyone in her way. How did my brothers get their hands on the moonstone? Klaus has said it had been stolen 500 years ago by Katherine when she was human, in retaliation he'd murdered her family and she'd been on the run with the stone since.

"Tell them the rest of it" Damon pushed as his fingers grazed the top of the tattoo that was on my shoulder blade, I'd gotten it when I was a newly turned vampire in New Orleans.

"She wants you to give it to her tonight, at the masquerade ball" Caroline meeting my eyes one last time before I turned to my brothers.

"She wants to do it in public" Stefan adjusted his stance when he paused and continued to speak as he wrung out his hands "killing Mason threw off guard"

"She's running scared" I muttered hatefully, when I got my hands on that bitch I was going to murder her slowly and no one was going to stop me.

"What she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks" Damon said, causing me to look at him questioningly, what the hell happened to Jenna?

"We can't underestimate her. We have to play this smarter than her" I said trying to talk some sense into my older brother, when it came to Katherine he became an idiot whether it was lovestruck or just regular the result was always the same, he let her get to him and she destroyed him emotionally.

"Can't we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave" Caroline asked in fear, hope sparkled in her eyes and for a moment I saw a reminder of an old friend whom I hadn't seen since the 20s, Rebekah also held a lot of fear in her heart but she never tried to let it over come her.

"No" Damon and I said at the same time, and he continued "Katherine's not getting dick. I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball and I'm gonna kill her, tonight" he was about to walk out past Stefan but our younger brother put his hand on Damon's chest and stopped him in his tracks.

"You're not going to kill her" Stefan mumbled as he stared at Damon with determination, I hoped to whatever was holy if Stefan tried to save Katherine I was gonna murder him and this time he'd stay dead.

"Don't give me that goody-goody crap" Damon growled as I stepped forward readying myself to fight them both, Damon and Stefan were probably going to stand in my way of vengeance and I was not going to let that happen.

"You're not going to kill her" he repeated making me glare at him, Stefan was the good one of the 3 of us these days but I knew his dirty secrets and I knew his past I could use what he'd done against him just like Klaus and Elijah had taught me to do back when I was first turned.

"Oh really?" I asked with a deadly smirk, one I'd also learnt from my early years as a vampire and one I'd perfected, I watched Stefan look at me with wide eyes.

"Because I am" he said causing me to look at him in confusion, he was being serious and I shared a look with Damon, it seemed like for the first time my brothers weren't going to let this bitch win.