Chapter 27

I walked down the stairs and into the parlour, coffee cup in hand I flopped down onto the couch and sighed in contentment while putting my feet up on the coffee table where Damon was looking through pages of one of the John Gilbert journals that Stefan and Elena had found and brought home from her parents lake house last night.

Footsteps echoed through the hallways towards the doorway of the parlour and Elena appeared, buttoning up her shirt "good morning Damon, hey Alex" she mumbled, distracted by the fact that the button refused to go into the hole, I waved absently as I picked up a journal and started to leaf through the journal that was in front of me, it was marked the year I was turned which had me intrigued as to what was going on in town, in a flash Damon was up and he had Elena pinned by her throat against the wall.

"What are you doing here? I told you to leave" he growled pushing her harder into the wall, I was beside him in a heartbeat, prying him off of her.

"What the hell, Damon?" I grunted when his elbow hit me in he chest, knocking me back slightly

"What is your problem?" Elena gasped for air, she looked around wildly, he accent had changed lay slightly which made me pause as Damon spoke up once more.

"You're wearing her clothes? Like that's going to work" Damon growled at her, I yanked on his arm but stopped and stared at my brother and then Elena, he though she was Katherine, which meant that Elijah's compulsion wore off when he was daggered.

"You think I'm Katherine? Why would you think that? Katherine's in the tomb!" She looked at my still form and I narrowed my eyes at her "isn't she?" The doppelgänger gaped at Stefan who had appeared.

"Hat the hell's going on here?" He demanded looking between all of us with suspicion.

"I don't know, you tell me, is Katherine in the tomb or not?" The doppelgänger asked as Stefan rushed up the stairs to his room where I could here the other doppelgänger was shuffling around.

I was in Stefan's room with Damon in seconds finding Stefan pinning Elena to his wardrobe, "Stop it, Katherine!" I watched as her lips tuned blue and I walked into Stefan's room, he was going to strangle the human if he kept up his pressure.

"Stop what?" A voice asked from behind us, I glanced over my shoulder at Katherine who stood leaning against the doorframe of Stefan's room looking so smug I wanted to punch the smirk off her face, Stefan quickly released Elena looking almost as tense as I felt.

"What is she doing here?" Elena asked, pacing around the room like a trapped tigress, to be honest, I would be doing the same if I was in the same room as an evil slut who was posing as myself.

"When we killed Elijah, it broke the compulsion and freed the bitch from the tomb" I said, crossing my arms I glared at the back of Katherine's head as she watched Elena, she picked up a quill from Stefan's dusk and ran the tip of the feather through her finger tips.

"How's that possible?" Stefan asked the room, Katherine decided to answer him as if she knew every little thing about the Originals.

"He's an original, they have all sorts of special skills, just ask your beloved sister," she looked over my shoulder and grinned at me, did she really think that little snide remark would throw me under the bus, she'd have to try harder than that, I think the wicked grin I shot her put her up to the challenge.

"I don't want you here, get her out of here!" Elena semi-shouted, she began to look panicked.

"You need me, Elena, you all do" her eyes lingered on me and she smiled "well , dear little Alex doesn't, her friend Nik will protect her" my eyes narrowed, okay, remarks like that will lead her to a shallow grave.

"Like hell," I said at the same time as Stefan, I looked to my brother and we nodded to one another, I looked back at Katherine with a glare.

"We all want the same thing... Klaus dead, yet here you all are, running around like chickens with their heads cut off" Katherine muttered, putting her hands on her hips.

"I don't need your help and I don't want it," Elena backed away from Katherine as the vampire Doppelgänger stepped forward, I flashed in front of her, just in case Katherine tried something funny.

"And that's incredibly stupid of you, you know where Klaus is?" She looked at me and I smirked, I knew where he was but I wasn't going to say shit to her about it "how about when he's coming? What he looks like?" Her eyes shifted to me again and I tensed when I felt Elena's hand touch my back so she could look over my shoulder at her evil twin.

"If you know something, say it or get out" Damon said, he'd had enough of his ex and to be honest I think I was born with her on my last nerve.

"Fine, then 'lol just go to the Grill and have some lunch... maybe Aunt Jenna's free for a bite" she walked out of the room and down the stairs.

"Anyone else have the overwhelming urge to throw her off of Wickery Bridge while she's wearing a nice par of cement boots?" I asked looking around the room when no one answered I shrugged "just me then, okay" I patted Stefan on the shoulder and made my way into my room, if Katherine was going to hang around the house all day, like I though she would I think I'll be icing from her for a good while.