Chapter 31

I sat on Ric's bed and watched as AlariKlaus rummaged through Ric's closet trying to find something to wear, he produced two shirts and held them up for Katherine and I to look at, "who is this guy? Safari Sam?" he held up a plaid shirt to his chest and winked at me "okay, bad" he removed it and replaced it with a grey button up shirt that I'd never seen Ric wear in the time I'd known him "or badder?"

"The dark colours suit you better" Katherine said from the chair that she was compelled to sit on, while I was compelled to sit on the bed, all the Vervain had left my system much to Klaus' delight, he'd already compelled me to kiss him any time her got close enough which he did more then I was comfortable with and he knew it because he laughed every time he saw my face when he pulled away from me.

"Oh, thank you, honey" he looked at me and smirked, moving close enough that I could feel his heat on my body, my hands involuntarily moved up and ran though Ric's hair, I pulled his face close to mine and kissed him deeply, Klaus responded immediately and ran his hands down my sides.

"I swear to all that is holy Nik I will gut you like a fish when you're back in your own body" I growled against his lips when he pulled back just enough for the compulsion wouldn't make me kiss him again.

He smirked at me "oh, love you do remember that you lied to me about a lot of things, this is just my way of getting my revenge" he leaned forward and gripped my hair roughly, pulling me into another kiss making me moan involuntarily against his lips, he pulled away and looked at Katherine "Ok, pop quiz, the Dagger and white ash are in the Salvatore's possession, correct?"

"The Dagger was used to kill Elijah, you'll find him in the basement of the Salvatore house," Katherine said with no hesitation, Klaus pulled on Ric's black bomber jacket and flicked the collar up the back of it before grabbing me off the bed, I almost refused to stand next to him because of how close he was holding me, the compulsion in my body was trying to get me to act but I was resisting it as best as I could.

"Ok, that Dagger needs to stay exactly where it is, the last thing I need to do is resurrect Elijah" he looked down at me with a cheeky grin "oh, that guy is a buzzkill, do you remember how many times he stopped us from enjoying ourselves my dead Alexandra?" His hand wandered from the small of my back to my ass, making me jump and he chuckled at my reaction.

"Don't forget you're on the outs with your girlfriend Jenna" Katherine said ignoring the curse words I was slinging at Klaus' back as he slowly walked away from my frozen form, towards Katherine.

"Right, Elena's aunt, for all the lies about Isobel, what else?" He asked as he got closer to her, she would've shifted uneasily if she could move anything other then her neck.

"That's it" she mumbled, she met my eyes over his shoulder as he leaned down to her eye level, her eyes were wide with fear and she flinched when he touched her face gently.

"Oh, so jumpy" Klaus mumbled when she jumped at his touch, I saw her swallow hard and she tried to get her face from his grip, in any other situation I would've been enjoying her panic at his close proximity but at this moment I felt nothing but fear.

"Please, just... kill me, I've told you everything that I know" Katherine mumbled looking at him as if he would grant her anything she requested, he would never end her suffering, he was going to enjoy her suffering too much.

"You see, I believe that's you believe that but what would you not know? What could they be keeping from you? Hmm? Tell me" her eyes flickered to me again and I knew she was using me as a distraction to get him away from her, it worked because he was in front of me in a split second and he had my face in his hands, Ric's hands were more calloused then Nik's were, making his grip rougher "you tell me" he said, his compulsion snaked into my brain and words began to form in my throat when my phone interrupted us.

"Go. To. Hell" I gritted out as I doubled over in pain of resisting his words, I straightened up after sucking in a few deep breaths.

"I've been to hell honey, I went there when you left me" he was close again, his nose pressed against the base of my throat and he breathed in my perfume, planting a kiss where his nose was pressed, his compulsion was forgotten.

He turned to go back to Katherine "They we're trying to see if Bonnie could find a way rot kill an original without a Dagger" Katherine mumbled, she shook her head as if she was trying to away her fear.

"Bonnie the best friend?" He looked over at me with a hateful glare "and you said she didn't have her powers anymore" he growled, I would've shifted from foot to foot uncomfortably if I could.

"She doesn't or didn't, I don't know, you kidnapped me, remember? I'm kinda out of the loop" she said snakily at him making him sigh deeply with an eye roll.

"Well, we'll have to get to the bottom of that" Klaus said as he crossed his arms.

"Please, just kill me, Klaus" she pleaded with him again "and be done with it" she mumbled, her voice cracking slightly with unshed tears, I've never seen her like this.

"And show you kindness? I've reached for you for 500 years, your death is going to last at least half that long" he said with a smirk, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a knife, "I want you to take this knife... and stab yourself" she timidly grabbed the knife and shoved it into her thigh, it was a smart move, mainly because he didn't specify where she was to stab herself, the thigh was a good place, it was muscle and that meant less blood to clean up, "now take it out" he instructed, she followed his words and slowly removed it from her skin.

"Now while I'm gone, I want you to do that over and over and over again and if you get bored switch legs" he smirked, as he straightened up and smoothed his clothes.

"Where are you going?" She said with a groan as she wiped the blood away from the wound as it healed.

"I'm gonna go lay eyes on my precious Doppelgänger" he kissed her forehead gently and made his way over to me, he grabbed my arm and dragged me towards the door, he glanced over his shoulder and smirked at her pouting face "oh, don't look so glum, Katerina, the fun is just beginning" he opened the door and shoved me out of it "Again" he said and I heard her plunge the knife into her thigh, I did not envy her at this moment, even though my fate was probably going to be a lot worse.

"I can't go to the school with you" I said as he pushed me down the stairs of the apartment building and onto the street "Elena will find it suspicious of me being at the school" I looked at him and almost sighed in relief when he nodded thoughtfully.

"You're right" he grabbed my shoulders roughly and looked into my eyes "you will go on with your day and forget that I am in this body, you will forget what happened and only know that your friend Alaric found you wondering around drunk and took you back to his apartment so you could sleep it off, you will not remember any of what has happened until I say you can" I blinked and stared at Alaric with a cheeky grin.

"Thanks for the rescue Ric, I owe you one" I kissed his cheek and laughed at his startled face "oh don't look so startled" I winked "you're so not my type" I patted his cheek and turned to start my way home "Later Ric!" I called over my shoulder to him.