"A New Friend..."

Robyn,

I walked in the same gas station that Daniel fought at last night, I was trying to get information on the guy and to see if he was alright and which hospital he was staying at. I walked down the small aisle and picked up two twix candy bars, I got to the cashier and it was an elderly lady.

"Hi, can you cash these please?". I asked her.

"Sure honey". She said.

"Umn did you see the fight that happened here last night?". I asked her.

"Oh yes! What a tragedy, the young mans face was so bruised up!". She exclaimed.

"Do you know where he went after it all happened?". I asked again taking my candy bars and placing them in a bag.

"Oh he had to go to the hospital down at fifty sixth street, he was coughing up blood and all, what a shame". She sighed and shook her head.

"Okay thanks". I thanked her and walked out.

I took a bus to the hospital, while I was on it I was thinking about what happened last night. To say that Daniel was jealous was an understatement, his behavior last night was beasty. I had to sneak out and tell him that I was going over to Stacey's house to study.

The bus came to a stop and I got out. I walked inside the hospital and went up to the front desk, see this is hard to do. I don't know his name, only his facial features.

"Hello, um I think last night a guy was admitted to this hospital, um he was lightskinned, faded curly hair, sharp canines and a rather bloody face, I don't know his name I was wondering if you can give me any information on him". I told her.

"Oh Chresanto". She said.

"A what?". I asked dumbfounded, his name is...different.

"Chresanto, he was admitted here last night in a pretty bad condition". He spoke.

"Do you want to know which room he's in?". She asked searching through some papers on her clipboard.

"Yes please". I smiled.

"Room 306, its just down that hall to your right". She told me pointing down the hall.

"Thank you". I said and followed her directions to the room. I knocked on the door and entered without warning.

"Hi!". I cheered as I entered. He has a swollen eye, busted lip, a scuff on his jaw and a white wrap around his ribs. Dammit Daniel!

"Pretty girl, is that you?". He asked smirking.

"Yeah, I got you something". I said taking out the twix. He took and smiled.

"Your pretty and generouse, where have you been all my life". I blushed at his comment and sat next to him at the foot of his bed.

"How are you feeling?". I asked.

"Your man can really kick ass". He said chuckling.

"Yeah, I'm so sorry about that, I don't know what got into him". I said to him.

"I got my ass whopped but I'm more interested in getting your number". He smiled at me.

"Well that's what I'm here for". I giggled. He gave me his phone and I typed my number in and gave him back.

"So Robyn's your name?". He asked setting his phone down.

"Yes Chresanto". I cheesed.

"Okay we getting somewhere". He chuckled.