Chapter 1

"Daddy, daddy, look what I got!" I rushed throughout the big house looking for my father to show him my report card. He told me if my GPA was high and I had gotten all A's then he would buy me the new Porsche I had been asking for.

It was not secret that I was a daddy's girl. I was the first born so I was the one to spend the most time with him, although he loved me and my sister equally, I was the favorite, he would never admit it though.

"Daddy, where are you?" I yelled.

Our normally cheerful house seemed dark and empty. The only sound that could be heard were my feet running through the hallways. I was so excited that I said to hell with momma rules and continued running until I reached my father study where he would stay all hours of the night.

But once I neared the door the smile dropped from my face. I could hear yelling coming from behind the door followed by a scream. My breathing picked up as I held onto the door knob, fearing the worst.

"Daddy, you okay?" I asked pushing the door open.

Tears slid down my face as I watched the scene in front of me. A tall man stood in front of my father with a gun pointed directly at his face.

He was saying words but I couldn't make out anything. My gut was telling me to run but my mind was telling me to 'go help your father'. But before I could take another step a shot went off and half of my father's face was missing.

A heart aching scream escaped my mouth making the gun man turn and look into my direction. His cold black eyes stared a hole through my soul while his chapped lips cracked a smile. He pointed the gun in my direction then...

"NAZ!"

Screaming I jumped up out of my sleep, almost head butting my sister who stood over top of me. "I've been calling your name for damn near 10 mins" Nadia said sitting down on the side of my bed.

"Another bad dream about mommy and daddy?" she asked

"It was just daddy this time, and a different death, but it was the same man" I said as I tried to catch my breath.

Ourparents had been dead for over a year now but the bad dreams had just startedno longer than 2 months ago. Here I was at 20 years old dreaming about being ateenager again and witnessing my parent's death. Although they passed in a car crash, every nightmare the same man was murdering them then turning to kill me.

"Come on get up" Nadia said throwing back my covers.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I watched my younger sister get up and go stand by my door.

"To the mall" she smiled "Now go wash your ass and get dressed"

I got up and walked into my big bathroom that was connected to my room, and turned on the shower. I stripped from my night clothes and once the water got hot, jumped in.

After 30 mins of scrubbing my body completely clean, with my lavender bath & body works body wash, I hopped out and wrapped the fluffy towel around me. Walking over to the sink I prepared to brush my teeth.

Walking back out into my room I walked over to the stereo, cutting on the music to Bryson Tiller. I absolutely adored his music, and one of my favorite songs Exchange was playing.

"This what happens when I think bout' you. I get in my feelings yeah, I start reminiscing yeah, next time around fuck, I want it to be different yeah-"