Day 1

>>>>Pic of Thamara Caldeira as Holland to the side

Holland

"Honey? Honey, I'm home." I heard my fiancée, John's voice fill the hallway just before hearing the door close.

"Wow, you guys already sound like an old married couple." My best friend, Charlotte, commented laughing through the phone.

"Goodbye." I said quickly hanging up before she could make anymore jokes as John walked into the kitchen.

"Wine?" I smiled, holding up a glass.

"No, sorry babe. I need to be in a horizontal position." He shook his head, sighing making his way to the couch in our living room.

"That works for me." I muttered, following him to the couch to see him already laying down.

"You know, it's like everyone in Manhattan decided to get hurt today." He groaned softly as I sat on the coffee table in front of the couch since he took up all the space.

John was a Trauma Surgeon at New York City Hospital while I was an Assistant District Attorney for the NYPD.

I had a day off today while he had to work a double shift.

He finally looked over at me and sighed. "Oh sorry, did you make any progress with your case today?"

I shook my head quickly."Nope. No. No talking about work or anything tonight. Just us talk." I finished saying while he sighed happily.

John and I haven't had sex in weeks and I was fed up. Between planning the wedding, our jobs and just life, there just hasn't been any "just us" time.

That was about to change soon and by soon, I mean tonight. I was going to make sure of it.

"Okay, good but if that includes wedding talk then you can forget it because I can not look at any more brochures." Tiredly, he spoke again.

"No weddings either. Just one thing on the agenda tonight. Just one thing I want." More like need.

I stood up from the table before climbing over top of him and straddling him at his hips.

"Oh. Mhm." He simply said.

"You-" I bent down giving him a peck on the lips. "-Me..." I gave him another peck. "-Us." I finally said, giving him one last kiss which lasted longer.

He kissed back slowly but I pulled back when I didn't feel his lips moving.

Then it happened.

He started to snore.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me!" I whispered, harshly to myself before hopping off of him.

I wanted to shove him awake and scream at him but I decided that I wasn't going to be the bad guy.

That was his job.

I grabbed my phone before walking upstairs into our bedroom into my closet while dialing Char back.

"Hello, person who likes to hang up on their best friend for absolutely no reason." She greeted sarcastically.

"Get ready, Char. We're going out tonight. Wear something sexy, we're going to a club." I simply said, browsing through all of my clothes trying to find the skimpiest and sexiest thing I could find.

"What? I thought you had sexy plans with John tonight. Oh, please don't tell me he had another shift." Her confused voice filled the line as I began to pick out my shoes.

"No. I'll tell you everything when I pick you up. Can you be ready in 45?" I asked, trying to side which pair I wanted to wear.

"Of course! Who do you think you're talking to? Should I call the girls?" She asked again.

"Yes and tell them it's serious and I mean like if Brangelina were to ever divorce serious!" I commented, still not knowing which shoes to wear.

"Fuck." I heard her whispered over the phone and that's when I knew she knew something had happened. "Okay, let me go so I can call of them and get ready."

"Okay...wait! I don't know whether I should wear my spiked heels or the lace up ones." I needed her fashion expertise.

She was a fashion designer after all.

"What dress did you choose to wear?"

"The short and tight black one with the lacy sleeves," I simply described it because she already knew the one I was talking about.

"Oh, definitely the lace up ones." I thanked her and then she hung up.

I placed my dress and undergarments on the bed before hopping in the shower.

The heat relaxed the tension in muscles and my anger slowly started to fade away.

But that didn't mean I wasn't going out tonight.

After I finished getting ready, I decided to leave a note for John just to rub it in his face.

John,
Went out with the girls tonight. Don't try to call or text because I will NOT answer. Since it seems that you'd rather go to sleep than have sex with me, I assume you won't mind if I find someone else to satisfy me.

- Holland xx 💋

I stuck the sticky note to his forehead, before strutting out of the house feeling emotions that I hadn't felt in awhile.

Confident and happy.

Tonight, I was gonna let loose and have fun with my girls without a care in the world.

And no one can stop me.