Chapter 4

-Downstairs at the house-

While Chres and the boys was in the middle of a conversation his phone began to ring. He picked the phone up and saw the picture of a woman with her back to camera and she was looking down behind her and the name "Melanie" over her picture. Chres had to take this call and it was important.

"Aye, I'm a be back, I gotta take this call" he said as he quickly left the table, speed walked through the hallway, went into the restroom locked the door, sat down on the tub, and answered the phone.

"Hello?" He answered

"Well I see someone didn't care to try to see how I was doing." She said.

"Baby, I'm so sorry, I was out looking for a special someone a nice place to live. And let's just say that I got that special some one a loft." He said

"You didn't!" She said with disbelief and excitement

"Yes I did, a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, and fully furnished. Now tells me how that sounds?" He asked

"Oh, baby, what would I do without you? I'm so happy. So when are you gonna fly me out there?" She wondered.

"You gotta give me a couple of days and I promise I gotchu. We gone be together soon." He said

"Okay, I'm a let you go. I gotta go start packing for this new adventure" she said with excitement.

"Okay, I love you" he said regretting what he said cause it was too soon, but it didn't matter because she had already hung up the phone. He felt kind of stupid. Chresanto had to play this all smart. If he didn't want Alana to be on his back, he had to give her all she wanted and needed even if he didn't want or care for it. Chres hopped up and went back to the kitchen table and scraped his plate. Him and the boys kicked it for a little more and they left. It was time to go play "House" with Alana to keep her off of his back for a while. He walked upstairs and approached the door before opening it.

"Here goes nothing" he said then opened the door. Alana layed on top of the comforter as she read her book. For so long Chres never really paid her any attention, but she was a very beautiful woman and couldn't wonder why he couldn't just love her, and her only. Maybe cause she was "too good" for him, something his mother would have said or maybe she wasn't good enough for him and Chres liked that theory a lot better.

"What's wrong, did you guys want me to make dessert, something sweet?" She asked ready to cater to them

"No. There gone" he said as he walked to the bed. Alana put her book down and looked at chres. He layed in the bed beside her and turnEd on the tv. She scooted over to him and began to rub his shoulders. Chresanto became quickly annoyed. He didn't want to feel her for no reason, but he remembered he just had to play along. As she rubbed his shoulders and began to kiss them and then kiss neck, and then she kissed his cheek and chres didn't want any part of it.

"Lana, what are you doing" he said with agony

"I'm tryin to ease your mind, and you know?" She said as she tried to kiss him again, but he turned her down.

"What have sex with me?"

"That's what people do when there in a relationship"

"I'm not in the mood for it"

"Oh come on. Your never in the mood for it. What's wrong with you?" She said as she got out the bed and threw her arms in the air.

Chresanto grabbed a pillow and walk towards the door and before he walked out he said something to here