High-Value Target

"We've come to apprehend you. Come quietly and no one will get hurt." Percy simply sighed in reply to their words. 

"You know, if I believed that obvious lie every time someone told me that, I'd be dead. Sorry, try again. How about the truth this time?" The two agents balked at his cold tone and steel eyes. There was a hardness there that could only be topped by the Specialists or high level agents. It made them cautious. The male agent resigned and his shoulders slumped. His only option was to stall until the snipers had a clear shot. 

"Were we that obvious?" He was new to the job. This wasn't his area of expertise. His partner was green. Pure green. But even still, they knew how to lie and they knew how to bullshit. This kid saw right through that. He noticed the snipers and he made them. A kid, no older than 18, had made professional government agents. No matter what was said, this kid was not ordinary. He was hiding something but what could not be determined. Not yet at least. 

"Most government agents are." How could he be so casual about this? 

"So you've met government agents before?" 

"Ya. A few times. But I'm sure you knew that already." In fact, the agent hadn't known that. It wasn't in the file. How much more could this kid be hiding? Does SHEILD even know about this? 

"So are you going to continue stalling or will you cut to the chase?" The target seemed to falter at the last word he said and his voice changed slightly, almost monotone and emotionless. He had crossed his arms and his body language screamed defensive. 

"You're a suspect." And a High-Value Target he whispered in his head. The male agent heard the specialists curse at his partner through the comms, much like he wanted to do. 

"Good job newbie." he hissed. He didn't need to turn around to know his partner bristled at their venomous tones. He also didn't miss how the boy's posture became rigid. So he does have something to hide. 

"Suspect? For what?" There was a hard underlying tone to his words but they were mostly filled with pure confusion and shock. His arms unfolded and went limp down by his sides. His eyes lit up with a light and curiosity. 

"I think you know what." Percy cocked his head to the side in confusion. That made the agent confused as well. This kid truly doesn't know anything. But his first concern was his partner. She was pushing it and going rouge. She walked up past him and pulled out her gun, aiming it right at the middle of the boy's chest. 

"What the hell do you think you are doing?!" His left hand went for his gun but he didn't draw it. You don't shoot comrades. And you don't shoot kids either. 

"Showing him that I know what he is. You're a terrorist Jackson. A full blown terrorist. How old were you the first time you caused someone's death? Huh? How old were you?! You might think that your age hides what you are but I don't buy it! You are a murderer! A fucking psychopath!! Do you even have a heart? Can you even conceive the horrible things you have done, the lives you've cost?" With each word she walked closer to the kid. The fellow grounder agent had no idea what to do. The Specialists were yelling at him but he couldn't hear the words. He was just staring at his female partner. And Percy. 

"So what do you have to say for yourself monster?" she spat at him. Her gun was pressed straight up against his chest. She was glaring up at him and Percy looked down upon her with a blazing fury and merciless glare. The male Grounder could tell there was something under the surface ready to snap in him. This was not the kid he had been observing before, this was something much worse. 

"I think you are out of line agent." She gulped. She could hear the static yelling of the Specialists ordering her to stand down but she was caught in her target's gorgon glare. She bulked up and shifted side to side. She was going to kill this murderer before he killed and terrorized again. A guilty life for thousands of innocent lives. She took the safety off the gun and placed it right over his heart.