Crazy Kings and Mad Geniuses

A/N~ sorry if I didn't reply to comments on last chapter. Wattpad is being buggy and not letting me look at it...
Growing Up~ Mackelmore

KAORI
  I woke up with a gasp, drenched in sweat. I sat up clutching my beating heart. I looked over at everybody else and my eyes drank in the scenery. This place looked familiar...had I been here before? My eyes widened when I realized where we were.

"Omashu..." I breathed.

  It still looked the same as when I had been there before a hundred years ago with Aang. I smiled at the memories of our old friend Bumi. He was always coming up with the most twisted and beautiful ways of seeing the world. And his snorts were almost funnier than his jokes.

  I had been laying on Appa again, so I airbended off and walked over to the group. Aang was showing them the outside of the city. "We don't have cities like these in the south pole." Katara said, awed.

  Sokka's eyes widened. "You have buildings here that don't melt." He squeaked in a disbelieving tone.

  There was a great big wall around the city, made of thick strong stone. Guarding the wall were two Earth-Kingdom soldiers. They looked mean. I stood on tiptoes, trying to see more of the inside from our little hill we were on. It almost looked like a bunch of pyramids on the inside.

  I laughed and tapped Aang on the shoulder with my staff. "The real fun is inside the city!" I grabbed Aang's hand and Airbended down the sloping hill towards the great city of Omashu.

  "Wait guys! We'll need some disguises if we don't want people to know about the Avatar yet. We have no idea what fire nation spies could be here." Katara reasoned. I smacked my lips together in frustration. We couldn't go anywhere without disguises. Another downside to this whole Avatar thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Ten minutes later and we actually had on decent disguises. Aang was wearing some fur from Appa like a mustache and hair, and I was wearing a cute Earth Kingdom outfit that I picked up from a traveling merchant. I giggled when Aang sneezed for the twentieth time. He was itchy and I was comfortable. A win-win situation if you ask me.

  All of us, except Appa, with our disguises ready, we walked up to the giant gates. "Don't worry guys, me and Kaori have been here before, the people here are the nicest!"

Aang smiled brightly as I stared at a cabbage cart being bended off the mountainside. "My cabbages!" The old man screamed. Poor guy. I got a strange sense of dejavu as if this had happened before, but I brushed it off as paranoia.

  I took a deep breath and began walking towards the guards. "Hello, I want to get in the city." I crossed my hands in front of me innocently. Wow get the point why don't you.

  One of the guards stepped closer and bended a huge rock above my head. "State your business with our city. And do it before my hand get tired." He said threateningly. I gulped and opened my mouth.

  I was saved by Aang rushing up to them, using airbending tho make him go faster. "What we do is our business, not yours, ya hear? The name's Pipendipelopucis the third. These are my grandchildren and niece. You'll let us in or I'll take you over my knee and smack some sense into you!"

  The guard stepped back, frightened. "Okay, okay, calm down old timer. We didn't mean any disrespect. You can go in. Just stay out of trouble."

  We started walking towards the wall, which was being bended apart by the guards.

  "Wait!" A guard cried out. Everybody froze, waiting to be discovered. "Young man, carry your grandfather's bag for him." We all visibly relaxed.