The Battle for Gondor

I opened my eyes, and looked around. It was dark out, and Eowyen was sleeping only a couple of feet away. 'I must have fell asleep' I thought quietly standing up. I walked out of the tent and looked to the horizon. The sun was beginning to rise.

I walked to the edge of the cliff, and watched the movement below of the men waking up and packing up. "How are you feeling?" I jumped at the sudden person who had showed up behind me. I turned to see Eowyen asked rubbing her eyes. 

"Fine" I lied to her. 

"I was just wondering since you ran past me crying last night." She said. "Do you want to talk about it?" I thought about it. 

"What is there to talk about." I said not wanting to relive the memory. 

She reached out and hugged me. "That is from Aragorn, he came into the tent to say goodbye, but you were sleeping." I gave her a small smile. I sat down and curled up my legs to my chest and hugged them. Eowyen left me in peace. 

I'm not sure who long I sat there, but when I turned around everyone was up, and all the tents were put away. I got up, and looked around for Eowyen. 

"Eowyen! Eowyen!" I yelled looking for her, but all I could see were men dressed in their armor. I saw Merry in his armor, and he looked so cute, and I walked over to him.

"Merry have you seen Eowyen" I asked. 

"No, sorry" He said. Just then someone grabbed my shoulder and I turned to see a pair of light blue eyes that I recognized. 

"Eowyen!" I said. 

"Shhh" She said putting her finger to my mouth. "I'm heading to war. Are you coming?" 

"I promised you that I will fight along side you in the next battle. I am keeping that promise." I said. "I'm going to find some armor." I walked off to where I saw a pile of armor. 

I shifted through the pile looking for something that would fit me. "What are you looking for?" I turned and saw King Theoden. 

"Is there anything in here that would fit me?" I said. 

"Are you going to battle?" He asked.

"Yes. Do you not want my help?"  I asked looking at him. 

"I was told to stop you from going." He said. I looked at him with my mouth open. "But I won't stop you, your help is much appreciated." he bent down and picked up a helmet, and a chainmail shirt. "These should fit you." And he walked away. 

I held the armor and I slipped the chainmail over my dress, and I put on my helmet. I went looking for Hebethy, she was by herself looking around, and someone already saddled her up. She saw me and trotted over to me, and headbutted me. 

"Hello, are you ready for battle?" I asked. She touched her snout to my cheek. "If I fall off you, you have to promise me to run away, and not to stay. I can't have you getting hurt." She gave a soft neigh. 

I got on her back, and got ready to leave. I saw Merry about to get on his little pony. "Merry that pony can't keep up the stallions." I said to him. 

"It's all I have, and I can't control a big horse like that" He said. King Theoden and Eomer walked over. 

"Little Hobbit do not belong in war, Master Meriadoc" Theoden said. I looked at him. 

"All my friends have gone to battle. I would be ashamed to be left behind" He said. 

"It's a three-day gallop to Minas Tirith, and none of my Riders can bear you as a burden." Theoden said again.